Director, Digital Development Messaging and Innovation Channels
The Director, Digital Development Messaging and Innovation Channels will have end-to-end responsibility for strategy, development and delivery of enterprise solutions and strategic platforms that support customer interactions across a broad set of channels including emerging consumer interaction technologies such as social and SMS-based messaging channels utilized at T-Mobile. In addition, this director will lead the voice portal team who develop and deliver interactive voice response (IVR) solutions as well as providing natural language processing capabilities and artificial intelligence for use in both voice and digital channels. S/he will set strategy and execute on delivering innovative customer care experiences with technologies such as Apple iMessage, Facebook, Twitter, Amazon Echo, Google Home and asynchronous messaging.
The enterprise solutions that will be delivered within the messaging channels are crucial components of the over-arching messaging strategy led by both Marketing and Customer Care teams to enable industry leading capabilities and allow T-Mobile to establish and maintain relationships with our 72 million and growing customer base.
This position will impact revenue generation by driving efficiencies for both our customers and agents to connect with our customers however they decide to contact us for support and commerce needs in a secure manner. This leader will execute enterprise strategies, as well as improve profitability via a new messaging platform by combining in-house built applications with industry-leading 3 rd party CRMÃ¢â,¬â¢s and automated intelligence and machine-learning engines.
The director is responsible for building and leading a growing a team of software development managers, architects, technical product managers, engineers, testers and analysts in the development, delivery and support of solutions and services to satisfy emerging business needs within the messaging and interactive voice response (IVR) channels. Significant emphasis will be placed on identifying opportunities for innovation in order to ensure T-MobileÃ¢â,¬â¢s leadership position within an increasingly competitive industry landscape. The director will also be responsible for evolving an agile practice across our product and technology teams developing and gaining proper exposure to our API platform.
- Drive the strategy and build the roadmap for solutions and platforms supporting the marketing and customer care organization specifically across the messaging and voice portal (IVR) channels.
- Lead the overall solution delivery lifecycle and on-going operations from business/technical requirements, including architecture; through design, code delivery, testing, deployment and operational support.
- Prioritize initiatives, make strategic design decisions, and operational decisions to successfully deliver on the key strategic programs and platforms across messaging and voice portal (IVR) channels.
- Drive messaging and voice portal (IVR) channels budgeting, forecasting, and management of opex and capex funds allocated against the key areasÃ¢â,¬ Digital Transformation, lights-on business critical, and business sustainment.
- Hire, coach, train and lead, either directly or indirectly, a high caliber and diverse team of professional software team managers, engineers, technical product managers and delivery resources.
- Lead efforts to ensure the workplace environment supports a highly motivated and effective workforce focused on continuous improvement and best practices.
- Develop and maintain business relationships at executive levels across Digital Technology & Development (development, delivery and support), Digital Marketing, Customer Care Retail, Finance and CIS.
- Promote a continuous delivery model leveraging Agile methodologies and tools to provide faster, ongoing functionality improvements and capabilities for our business. Oversee delivery and integration of new messaging platforms supporting the transformation of how T-Mobile provides support and commerce capabilities to our customers.
- Continually assess the impact of emerging technologies against strategic business needs and interpret business value for the leadership team in a consultative capacity.
- Oversee and manage vendor selection and relationships for critical Tier 1 business applications that will have an impact on company revenue generation.
- Extensive experience in delivering cross functional large-scale solution delivery from concept to go-live using a continuous delivery model including the use of Agile, DevOps and related toolsets.
- Considerable experience in building and leading successful teams.
- Ability to hire and groom architects, technical product managers, software engineers as well as DevOps managers and ICs.
- Career with progressively more responsible leadership roles within a telecom product development function or other technical industry product development function.
- Previous product, project and program management experience.
- Solid communication skills and strong executive presence.
- Experience in managing high volume, high availability transactional complex IT systems.
- Proven track record in delivering and managing multiple projects and priorities demanding both rigorous attention to detail and high level comprehensive solutions.
- Experience in software development for customer care, retail, web based self-service and middleware applications within an Cloud-based environment.
- Exploring innovative technologies, implementing / introducing new IT systems, conducting proof-of-concepts and pilots using innovative solutions required.
- Must have ability to help establish managed service contracts with software and contract labor vendors. Expertise with writing SOWs and LOEÃ¢â,¬â¢s to support managed service partners required.
Enough about what youÃ¢â,¬â¢ve done. LetÃ¢â,¬â¢s talk about who you are.
- Thrives in a high pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Service oriented mindset.
- Earns and maintain trust with executives, customers, peers and team members. Is able to level with people at multiple levels.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to build work across an organization that is experiencing rapid growth.
- Energetic, innovative, and resourceful.
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to evaluate the need for change and the impact of those changes to the business.
- Results driven, ensuring short-term goals are achieved that support long-term initiatives with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Strategically-minded, contributing to the development of a coherent overarching strategic vision for the company.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, regardless of audience, medium, or forum.
- Decisive leader who is able to move business forward quickly while balancing time, cost, and quality.
- Ability to influence and obtain buy-in across all levels; possesses executive maturity.
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and strong cross-functional relationships across an organization to achieve common goals.
- Able to motivate and mobilize others; creates a team environment where everyone wants to do their best and deliver results.
- A hands-on leader; broadly shares responsibility and accountability of both routine and important tasks and decisions.
- Holds others accountable by monitoring progress and results, and giving effective feedback; able to make tough decisions when appropriate.
As AmericaÃ¢â,¬â¢s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: Ã¢â,¬Å"TMUSÃ¢â,¬?) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The companyÃ¢â,¬â¢s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Retail Associate Manager
Diego assists the store manager with day-to-day operations while working to develop the roles of his associates through hands-on sales coaching.
Back to top