Director, Digital Delivery, Development
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comThe Director, Digital Delivery, Development will lead T-Mobile’s highly anticipated Digital transformation initiatives. This role leads the team responsible for Digital Strategy and Architecture and develops enterprise capabilities to increase revenue and saving cost. The DevOps Director will drive a world-class team as they build a large-scale single user interface (UI) for Web, Retail and Care Digital properties continuing the Un-carrier differentiation for our brand and customers. The Director will lead the strategic and financial relationship for key contract labor/managed service providers while ensuring high quality SDLC functions with a regular contingent labor force. As a magnet for talent, this deep technology leader will drive one of the largest Digital development teams in the United States. This world class team is establishing T-Mobile’s most agile DevOps organization which will set the standard for DevOps adoption enterprise wide.
The Director will own and develop the overall strategy, development, execution and ongoing improvement of T-Mobile Web, Retail and Care Digital properties. The Director will drive development of new digital capabilities and initiatives at T-Mobile. Responsible for platform development, UI/UX Development and API management layer development. Provide leadership in the formation of the DevOps team responsible for ongoing development and maintenance of T-Mobile digital properties. They will be responsible for Build/Release management, Continuous Integration, Performance engineering and quality assurance.
The Director will also lead the strategic relationship and contractual agreements for contract labor and managed service providers, ensuring high quality software delivery and development with a regular contingent labor force of approximately 300 workers, as well as lead approximately 15 FTEs. The Director will continue building the team with high performing team members while managing a budget of roughly $30 million including OPEX and external capital projects.
- Extensive experience leading high performing agile engineering development and operation teams for companies with significant customer engagement
- Extensive experience leading Web Architecture for Retail & Customer Care – Portals, Rich Internet Applications and Web Development
- Experience managing cloud strategy & large transformation programs
- Experience leading DevOps teams in a continuous delivery, continuous integration, and continuous testing environment
- Experience with Adobe and Angular
- Large scale Program & Budget management experience
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to conceive, communicate, and implement problem resolution strategies in order to achieve the best possible customer service
- Experience leading a globally dispersed team of onshore and offshore resources
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master preferred
PERSONALCHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Strong business acumen; incorporates overall objective in developing strategy and decisions.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, regardless of audience, medium, or forum.
- Agile; thrives in a fast-paced environment, and has the ability to rapidly redirect according to Un-carrier strategy demands.
- Sees the big picture; understands the long-term and short-term perspectives of situations.
- Optimistic and energetic leader who can create a positive working environment.
- Collaborative, yet influential.
- Analytical problem solver; applies multiple technical solutions to application operational problems.
- Decisive leader who is able to move business forward quickly while balancing time, cost, and quality.
- Energy and focus to succeed in a changing environment.
- Able to balance risk adversity with creativity while engaging others.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills.
- Drive Digital strategy & adoption.
- Lead governance, roadmap, portfolio & delivery management.
- Drive Digital Platform Architecture, Roadmap, Development and Operations.
- Build and operate all new digital properties required for T- Mobile (web, retail, telesales, indirect dealers etc.).
- Create and maintain the framework & process for web properties to be stood up and delivered and utilizes platform capabilities to reduce time to market.
- Build, innovate and operate Digital platform including technology, process, and change management components, as well as minor continuous improvement including bug fixes and minor feature implementations.
- Lead a large team that spans across the entire SDLC, including development, QA, Performance Engineering, Support and other related areas.
- Develop and maintain all content operations and analytics related requests for site tagging, site analytics and reporting dashboard.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top