Director, Digital Architecture & Product Strategy
As a key member of the Digital Product & Technology Management team, the Director will keep a constant, unwavering eye on customer experience. The Director will lead teams to build, maintain and optimize products in market aligned to the goal of improving customer experience while reducing product costs and increasing product efficiencies. S/he will be innately customer focused, and able to balance competing trade-offs between consumer needs, business priorities, and development and operational complexity. The Director collaborates with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders at various levels of the organization.
S/he will provide leadership oversight of over two key areas for the entire Digital Product and Technology team; 1) Product Strategy 2) Technology and Architecture Strategy.
In the Product Strategy space, you will manage the Product Strategy Team who is responsible for enabling Digital to be the best product team within T-Mobile. This will be accomplished through three main focus areas. First, providing a shared vision of the future. Second, providing clear alignment of roadmaps with internal and external partners. Third, creating and driving product COE(s) which will drive how we execute product management and defining and measuring the key results we drive.
In the Technology and Architecture Strategy space, you will manage the Architecture Team responsible for driving best in class Digital development practices through visionary architecture and design. This will be accomplished through three main focus areas. First, identifying technology patterns, operating best practices to align and simplify capability stacks. Second, define architecture and create a library of solutions to assist in development practices while sharing these best practices across the Product and Technology organization. Third, identify and assess new industry and technology trends and introduce into the department through POV, POC, and Beta.
Success will be measured through the team's ability to deliver on the stated objectives of each team and how well the team helps keep the entire Digital organization glued together and focused on common goals and objectives.
- Identify market opportunities, and define the product and technology roadmaps based on a strong understanding of consumer needs and in-depth data analysis.
- Actively plan and manage a portfolio of high-quality products & services through end-to-end product lifecycle of e nvisioning/investing/sustaining/retiring.
- Collaboratively with business leadership, product and technology, and key internal/external partners to align all parties and deliver product and technology vision.
- Continually optimize the product and technology roadmaps, manage prioritization and trade-offs on customer requirements, market landscape, industry trends and investment plan.
- Execute the design, development, and operations of systems that are highly performant and maintain high availability.
- Lead system design of highly scalable systems with native telemetry and monitoring in mind; enabling self-healing systems.
- Define frameworks and enable capabilities to support development teams in modernizing legacy application architecture and infrastructure to empower CI/CD.
- Maintain knowledge of new developments in area of specialty and incorporate these innovations where appropriate.
- Drive innovation, improvement and adoption of industry leading practices including open source, CI/CT/CD, cloud, microservices/container architecture.
- Lead a team and effectively organize resources appropriately to achieve business objectives.
- Accountable for department budget, delivery and service performance, optimizing cost of service delivery, ensuring services are meeting or exceeding service levels.
- Substantial experience owning, managing and delivering large transformation projects.
- Successfully work independently and drive multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines.
- Extensive experience developing and delivery of large-scale business systems.
- Progressive leadership experience in setting technology and/or product strategy and operations.
- Proven success interfacing with non-technical and technical counterparts with demonstrable capabilities of effecting change.
- Knowledge of Telecom Network and IT Architecture, Technologies and concepts in the following areas: - Retail & Customer Care - Portals, Rich Internet Applications and Web Development - Business Process Management and workflows - Big Data, Master and Meta Data Management - CRM, Billing, Provisioning - Enterprise Application Integration, SOA, ESB, Messaging - Enterprise Product Catalog - Mobile Software - Telecom Frameworks - EA Frameworks - Cloud Platform.
- Previous experience in technical product management and software development is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in a Technical Discipline.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively and resourcefully
- Strong customer-facing skills (oral, written and verbal skills)
- Ability to define and articulate complex process flows and system flows to business leaders in other departments
- Strategically-minded, contributes to the development of a coherent overarching strategic vision for the company
- Customer-obsessed; considers the impact on customers with every business decision
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and strong cross-functional relationships across an organization to achieve common goals
- Demonstrated leadership capability in recruiting, retaining and developing a dynamic, high-performing team
- Sets performance direction by translating broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and individual goals
- A hands-on leader; broadly shares responsibility and accountability of both routine and important tasks and decisions
- Excellent collaboration, verbal and written communication skills; a direct communicator
- Thrives in a high pressure, fast-paced environment
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top