Director, Delivery Management
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.The Director, Delivery Management, reports directly to Senior Director, Device Infrastructure.
As the Un-Carrier, T-Mobile is changing the ways of wireless and in turn, we are streamlining the way we do business internally in order to produce the best services and products for our customers.
The Director, Delivery Management will drive the overall project strategy and implementation for the newly developed Device & Procurement (D&P) Organization. This will entail a high quality execution of capital expenditure and operational expenditure projects, while acting as a Business Sponsor for D&P initiated projects and ensure D&P interests are properly represented across the enterprise as a whole. The Director will serve as the interface across the various partnering organizations such as Sales, Care, EIT, Engineering, Finance, Metro, Repair partners, Distribution partners and Accounting.
As the subject matter expert (SME), the Director will proactively deliver efficient, timely, and high quality solutions for our customers.While the quality and accomplishments of a person’s career will be the determining factor, the finalist must have the following requisite qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree is preferred.
- 10+ years successfully managing the delivery of large-scale projects (approximately $20M).
- Strong operational experience is desired.
- Proven track record leading a team successfully within a large, complex organization.
- Extensive expertise of requirements, testing and delivery of projects.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- An innovative thinker that can respectfully challenge status quo and drive change.
- Strategic acumen and problem solving skills with the ability to turn findings into executable plans.
- Proven skill in accelerating change; forward looking.
- Assertive and able to influence across all levels, including influencing others without direct position power.
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and strong cross-functional relationships across an organization to achieve common goals.
- An inspirational leader, mentor and motivator.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; a direct communicator who speaks with authority and conviction.
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated sound business judgment.
- Organizational agility and the ability to read the subtle nuances of a situation and react/plan accordingly.
- Ability to effectively prioritize projects and manage available resources.
- Thrives in a high pressure, fast-paced environment.
More specifically, this role will assume the following responsibilities:
- Lead all aspects of project delivery-
- Make smart, informed trade-offs during the delivery lifecycle of each project to ensure the business and financial goals of the project are met.
- Create a holistic approach as it relates to project delivery, which includes technical and non-technical work stream, plus any vendors used as part of the solution from requirements through production validation.
- Write a clear and articulate product requirements document (PRD), which illustrates the product’s purpose, features and functionality.
- Ensure that the project requirements align to the technology design as the systems involved drive the purchase, processing, and delivery of $15B in devices.
- Lead user acceptance testing (UAT) efforts on any initiative impacting D&P to ensure all aspects are thoroughly tested and meet requirements.
- Manage/prioritize production issues during warranty period.
- Proactively identify and resolve implementation issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet the business, financial, and technical goals of the project.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top