Director, Business Intelligence â€" Visualization and Virtualization
T-Mobile moves fast, innovates rapidly, and maintains laser focus on delivering the best customer experiences in any industry. The Director is at the heart of enabling this culture, developing and driving this strategy with our senior leaders, collaborating with business peers, and building and growing high performing teams.
The Director, Business Intelligence Visualization and Virtualization will transform our Business Intelligence (BI) Tools and Analytics technology team into an organization driving visualization and virtualization vision and execution across the entire enterprise. As T-Mobile centralizes our data, this leader will define our roadmap and tool portfolio. As an industry thought leader, s/he will educate and transforming teams' abilities thru the adoption of agile practices necessary for the successful execution and delivery of the strategic vision. Highly engaged and informed on industry trends this role will inform, collaborate, innovate and solicit sponsorship around his/her vision to evangelize how Business Intelligence tools and planning/analytics services are introduced and sustained within T-Mobile.
To achieve expected outcomes, it requires that this Director has practical application and contextual understanding of several contemporary and edge' technologies & themes like BI Strategy & Visualization, Big Data & Hadoop Visualization, Data Virtualization, Visual Analytics, Infonomics, Mobile-enabled BI, and BI-on-the-Cloud. S/he can successfully craft an actionable and measurable roadmap that introduces a pallet of service offerings that will help key data stakeholders and consumers actualize their potential in the BI value chain - proposed strategic initiatives incorporate change management practices that effectively measure value and adoption for all users.
This Director's background includes extensive related senior level management experience with strengths in developing and implementing policies, strategies, and initiatives in a multi-stakeholder environment. Must be highly skilled in building relationships and influencing decisions that impact diverse stakeholders and have been recognized for a broad capacity to inspire commitment to innovation and business excellence. Significant emphasis will be placed on identifying opportunities for innovation to ensure T-Mobile's leadership position within an increasingly competitive industry landscape. Taking all of the above into consideration, the Director of BI Analytics & Technologies is able to consistently model servant leadership capabilities toward his/her team and customers that reinforces a culture of trust, communication and collaboration in the working environment while keeping Fun' in the forefront!
Going a little deeper, we're inviting you to:
- Lead a team of 2-3 direct report managers and includes ~15 FTEs and up to 20 contractors.
- Evolve and champion an operational data store that will be used internally Product & Technology Operational Analytics and provides a shared service model for operational data integration, data governance and report standardization.
- Define and deliver a BI tools strategy that will transform the business intelligence visualization services and product offerings within TMO and responsibly deprecates legacy or non-value-added tool offerings.
- Driving business forward quickly while balancing time, cost, and quality.
- Effectively influence and obtain buy-in across all levels and possesses executive maturity.
- Coach and inspire teams to create easy to interpret visualizations thru dashboards and insights for metrics tracking and trend analysis.
- Experience with multiple vendors in any of the following areas including; SQL Server, O, MySQL, SQL Data Warehouse Appliance, Oracle Exadata, Netezza, Greenplum, Vertica, Teradata, Hadoop, SAS, SPSS, Spotfire, Tableau, Qlikview, ThoughtSpot, R, SAP Business Objects, Cognos TM1, SAS, Denodo, QueryGrid and other Analytics Vendors with BI components
- Substantial leadership experience with information management solutions and end-to-end development life-cycle support and SDLC processes
- Significant experience leading teams including architects, engineers, quality assurance, and operations professionals
- Leadership roles with progressively more responsible within the Business Intelligence landscape for technology companies
- Proven track record in delivering and managing multiple projects and priorities demanding both rigorous attention to detail and high-level comprehensive solutions
- Experience with multiple technology service delivery models and methodologies (Agile, waterfall, DevOps, ITIL)
- Experience developing technology strategy and product roadmaps
- Financial and budget management of capex/opex budgets from $15M to $50M
- Proven ability to lead and drive organizational and cultural change as well as build and develop a high functioning team
- Demonstrable ability to manage multiple projects and priorities demanding both rigorous attention to detail and high-level comprehensive solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Technology required; Master's Degree in Technology or MBA is highly preferred
Enough about what you've done. Let's talk about who you are.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to conceive, communicate, and implement problem resolution strategies to achieve the best possible customer service.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, regardless of audience, medium, or forum.
- Creates a vision for a team and coaches them to excellence, delivering quality, consistency, timeliness, innovation and strategic perspective.
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and strong cross-functional relationships across an organization to achieve common goals.
- Able to motivate and mobilize others; creates a team environment where everyone wants to do their best and deliver results.
- A hands-on leader; broadly shares responsibility and accountability of both routine and important tasks and decisions.
- Results driven, ensuring short-term goals are achieved that support long-term initiatives with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Holds others accountable by monitoring progress and results, and giving effective feedback; able to make tough decisions when appropriate
- Strategically-minded, contributing to the development of a coherent overarching strategic vision for the department that also ladders to the company goals.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top