Director, Business & Consumer Litigation
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.The Director, Consumer & Business Litigation is a critical member of T-Mobile’s legal organization,working on cutting-edge business and legal issues and designing case strategy to advance T-Mobile’s Un-carrier promise. This senior level attorney will lead general commercial litigation and disputes, including consumer class actions,marketing/advertising, vendor and dealer matters, regulatory agency investigations, real estate disputes and a variety ofother commercial and consumer-oriented litigation.
- U.S. Law Degree, and an active member of the state bar in good standing.
- 12+ years of handling a broad range of complex, large-scale commercial and consumer related litigation, includingas lead or first-chair counsel on multi-party and multi-jurisdiction cases.
- Preference for both outside counsel and in-house counsel experience.
- Extraordinary legal and business judgment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and customer-oriented interpersonal skills.
PERSONALCHARACTERISTICS The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Ability to partner with key business leaders and legal vendors to align legal strategy with the business goals andobjectives.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and weigh business and legal risks and advance practical solutions.
- Customer-oriented interpersonal skills, excellent business judgment and a proven ability to excel working withmultiple clients in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail oriented and has the aptitude for and strong motivation to obtain a deep and broad knowledge of thewireless industry.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver against multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Strong executive presence and business acumen.
- Bias for action.
- Thrives in a fast-paced culture of change and innovation.
- Able to build trust and confidently interact with executives, providing forthright guidance and timely advice.
More specifically, this role will assume the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for case management, including oversight of outside counsel, setting case strategy, and setting andmanaging case budgets.
- Manage litigation proceedings and filings (such as conducting internal fact investigation, preparing and fillingpleadings with outside counsel, handling discovery, reviewing legal briefs, and preparing cases for trial and/orsettlement).
- Responding to regulatory inquiries and other high profile matters for the company.
- Advise internal clients, including senior executives, on legal and business risks.
- Partner with key business leaders and legal vendors to align legal strategy with the business goals and objectives.
- Support senior management in navigating legal crises.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top