Director, App Product Management
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.The Director of App Product Management will lead the creation of world-class App experiences for T-Mobile customers. As a leader on the Digital Product Management team, the Director will define the product vision and strategy, managing the end-to-end product lifecycle. Identify market opportunities and define the roadmap and product priorities based on a strong understanding of consumer needs and in-depth data analysis. Lead a team and effectively organize resources appropriately to achieve business objectives.
- Proven track record of releasing highly recognized and industry acknowledged apps into market.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of experience managing highly effective digital teams.
- Mobile application product management experience.
- Experience successfully managing design/research programs and teams.
- Demonstrated ability to develop new processes and approaches.
- Experience managing projects with strong visual and interaction design solutions.
- A strong passion for technology, especially mobile/apps.
- Proven experience with rapid, iterative design and development processes.
CHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Ability to think broadly, outside of the box and be creative and innovative in their thinking.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information to senior management.
- A solid relationship builder and cross-functional collaborator; works effectively up, down and across the organization.
- Thrives in a high pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to roll up sleeves and immerse in the details.
- Highly customer focused; obsessed with the customer experience.
- Able to move swiftly and adapt to dynamic conditions both internally and externally.
- Analytical problem solver; applies multiple technical solutions to application operational problems.
- Deep knowledge of digital/ecommerce and develops winning strategies in this space.
- Drives constant improvement.
- Results focused.
- Create a seamless and efficient roadmap for customers to engage with the UnCarrier through our T-Mobile app driving towards self-service.
- Establish the approach to manage a multiple T-Mobile branded app strategy.
- Manage the end-to-end product lifecycle of complex products from conception to product/market fit and growth.
- Create and effectively champion a data-driven and market-informed product vision and strategy.
- Define a product feature and release roadmap based on in-depth data analysis, with a clear understanding of consumer needs.
- Effectively design project plans based on priorities, set clear/measurable objectives and deploy team resources appropriately to achieve business goals.
- Write and consult on product specifications, manage design challenges and execute agile product delivery.
- Develop and measure product KPIs, derive key insights, and devise and execute experiments and multivariate tests to find product solutions.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Design and Program Management teams throughout completion of milestones and partner with brand marketing and central research/analytics teams throughout the product’s lifecycle.
- Build a strong team culture creating a positive environment based on teamwork and professional development.
- Plan and control budget expenditures (cash and retainers).
- Build strong partnerships with direct stakeholders and parallel business units through collaboration and the creation of fantastic experiences that align with business and user goals.We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top