Digital Technology Communications Manager
The Digital Technology Communications Manager role is an opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment directly supporting executives in Digital Technology & Development (DTD) at T-Mobile. This position is responsible for creating and distributing messages related to T-MobileÃ¢â,¬â¢s business and participates in the planning, development, and execution of DTDÃ¢â,¬â¢s communications program. This position will work across teams and departments, focused primarily on internal communication campaigns, external executive presentations, employee events, and social media brand management.
This position also acts as an advisor on communications and change management for DTD executives, interacting with internal stakeholders, external partners, and is responsible for realization of the communication programÃ¢â,¬â¢s goals and objectives.
Enterprise Core Competencies
- Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Business Partnership: Serves as a business partner and provides communications counsel including coaching and feedback to develop management communications skills; drafts and edits presentations, e-mail and social media posts; scripts, edits and produces videos. Becomes knowledgeable about digital technology tools, technologies and transformation initiatives to help achieve business goals and make communication recommendations to management, clarifies client leadership communications requirements and coordinates service delivery. Oversees positive client relationships.
- Internal Communications: Develops and implements internal employee communications and Ã¢â,¬Å"voiceÃ¢â,¬? utilizing innovative communications solutions. Ensures timely and effective implementation of integrated communications to support business priorities and future success. Reports program impact based on stakeholder feedback and business results. Develops and implements communications messages that will enhance and protect relationships with employees, stakeholders, and customers.
- Team & Employee Events: Coordinate and execute events for the department including large all-hands meetings, leadership offsite planning meetings, and fun events to recognize the accomplishments of high-performing teams.
- 5+ years developing, and executing communication content, campaigns, and programs in an agency or corporate environment.
- 5+ years working in a fast paced, high-volume Marketing, Communications, and/or Public Relations function for a large corporation or agency; strong cross functional partnership experience.
- Ideally would like candidates that have experience working in a Technology organization, specially in a Software Development space with an understanding of the technical terminology.
- Candidate must be Social Media savvy.
- Exceptional writing, editing and visual design skills for multiple medias including newspaper, magazine, website, and corporate communications.
- Strong presentation skills including experience as a lead spokesperson.
- Understanding of the digital space.
- Experience working with and counseling senior-level and executive leadership.
- Proven exceptional judgment, professional maturity, and discretion.
- Vigilant attention to detail.
- Experience supporting change management initiatives.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with a history of anticipating issues and taking proactive action to develop and implement an appropriate response plan.
- Comfortable managing multiple, competing priorities and able to deliver results under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proficient using MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and familiar with various digital tools and emerging technologies.
- Core Competencies: Writing, Editing, Oral, Integrated Communications, Primary/Secondary Research, Organization Change Management, Leadership Presence.
- 2-3 yearsÃ¢â,¬â¢ experience working in a fast-paced, high volume Social Media environment, ideally for a large corporate or agency.
- Sophisticated knowledge Ã¢â,¬ theory and practice Ã¢â,¬ of community management, particularly on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and other social media platforms.
- Proven track record of successfully managing communication strategy for executives (VP, SVP, EVP, etc.) and confidence to share opinions and suggest improvements to executives.
- Experience in developing and leading communications strategy for dynamic organizations that have experienced significant change (e.g. change in response to market conditions, regulatory environment, competition, etc.).
- Telecommunications industry and cross-cultural experience; background in consumer technology; experience with front-line audiences.
- BachelorÃ¢â,¬â¢s Degree. Communications, Journalism, English, PR or related field
As AmericaÃ¢â,¬â¢s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: Ã¢â,¬Å"TMUSÃ¢â,¬?) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The companyÃ¢â,¬â¢s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Retail Associate Manager
Diego assists the store manager with day-to-day operations while working to develop the roles of his associates through hands-on sales coaching.
Back to top