As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comThe Enterprise Data Solutions (EDS) IT team is looking for an energetic Data Engineer with a strong background in ETL/Data Warehouse, Big Data toolsets, and an interest in data mining, statistical modeling and machine learning. This role will support users across the Enterprise by delivering data pipelines, modeling, data services, and delivering analytics use cases as needed. A person entering this role requires a blend of experience in exploring, preparing and analyzing data in both traditional and big data environments with the ability to support data science and advanced analytics resources. The EDS team supports various business areas in achieving results including Internal IT, Finance, Marketing, Digital, Supply Chain, Care, and Sales.
- Minimum 3 years' experience using data related applications or toolsets such as Hadoop related components (HDFS, Hbase, Hive, Sqoop, Flume, etc.) and other languages such as Python, Java, C#
- Experience in implementing relational data models (Teradata, Oracle, etc.) and associated ETL concepts
- Working knowledge of SAS or R
- 2-3+ years of experience in analyzing complex data sets with experience in advanced analytics practices
- AWS/Cloud experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills and ability to partner effectively with peers
- Bachelor degree in mathematics, statistics or computer science or related field
- Translate business and functional requirements into documented technical specifications
- Design, develop and launch efficient & reliable data pipelines to move data (both large and small amounts) into analytics environments
- Facilitate/lead reviews (walkthroughs) of technical specifications and program code with other members of the technical team, communicating design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team and development lead
- Use cross domain data knowledge to support business and partners teams in exploring and understanding enterprise data sets
- Collaborate with architecture, development, test and platform teams in improving design patterns and toolsets supporting data and analytics
- Provide ad hoc analytical and data support for multiple business areas
- Participate in advanced analytics project efforts from new tool selection/implementation to data preparation and use case delivery
At least 18 years of age. Legally authorized to work in the United States. High School Diploma or GED. Pre-employment background screen.We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top