Cybersecurity Co-Op Program
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Technology is the backbone of T-Mobile. It takes an army of project managers, developers, and engineers, all working like a well-oiled machine. This is teamwork at its best, with technical warriors bravely pushing the edges of the wireless frontier.
Do you want to bring your new ideas and perspectives to the workplace and gain real-world experience while in school? If so, our Cybersecurity Co-Op is for you!
The Cybersecurity Co-Op is part time program (15 to 20 hours a week) for University of Washington, Bothell students currently enrolled in their senior year of a full-time Undergraduate degree program, majoring in Engineering, other Technology related fieldsor Business and Interdisciplinary Studies . The program runs for eight months, December through July and you’ll have the opportunity to rotate to different teams gaining exposure to various parts of the Cybersecurity organization-all while in school.
- Currently enrolled and completing senior year in a full-time Undergraduate degree program, majoring in Engineering or other Technology related fields including: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Management Systems, Information Technology or Business and Interdisciplinary Studies.
- Able to work 15 to 20 hours per week during regular daytime business hours (schedule will be flexible to accommodate classes and coursework).
- Ability to commute to T-Mobile’s offices in Bellevue, Bothell or Snoqualmie, WA.
- Authorization to work for any employer in the United States without sponsorship.
Our Corporate Information Security (CIS) team keeps our customers and employees safe from the bad guys, delivering incredible value to the business. As part of the CIS team, you will help drive the innovation and engineering of complex cybersecurity solutions.
As a participant in our program you’ll work on a team that plans, coordinates and implements security measures for information systems to regulate access to data files and prevent unauthorized modification, destruction or disclosure. You will be involved in creating and maintaining different solutions and solving problems all while continually learning and gaining experience. We’re looking for candidates who are innovative, customer-focused and interested in becoming a part of the Un-carrier revolution.
- Apply your knowledge of critical security elements, threats, vulnerabilities, and safeguards
- Participate in creating, developing and managing high-level design architecture, security technologies, networking, web services; understanding of software-oriented architecture (SOA) and encryption, obfuscation, and tokenization technologies
- Engage as part of a team that provides security, compliance, and risk assessments on projects throughout their lifecycle, using varying SDLC methodologies
- Support information security review of new technologies, designs, and remediation planning efforts
- Investigate and identify security needs and recommend plans/resolutions; implement, test and monitor information security improvements
- Develop visibility inside and outside of info security, interfacing with groups such as billing ops, application support, engineering ops, finance, legal, privacy, risk management, etc.
- Support info security policy throughout lifecycle, including intake, creation, review, approval, implementation, publishing, communication and maintenance
- Participate in security projects driven by groups both internal and external to information security
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top