Credit Risk Manager- Strategy
- Overland Park, KS
As a Manager within the Credit Risk Management team, you will be required to wear multiple hats.You must have a strong blend of analytical skills, project management, presentation skills, and ability to develop strong partnerships/relationships with key business partners.
You will be leading projects or initiatives to identify new credit segmentation opportunities to drive enhancements to our credit decision process and policies. You will work closely with the Credit Risk Management team, the Financial Services organization, and corporate functional teams developing new product concepts or strategies to help manage risk.
You must be able to manipulate large amounts of data, extract key insights from the data using statistical concepts, and then clearly and concisely communicate actionable recommendations based upon your insights. In many cases, you will manage projects at various stages from idea or hypothesis generation to development and implementation, including being responsible for project management plans and timelines. You will be expected to provide leadership at the concept and process level to guide projects and initiatives to completion.
This is an individual contributor role and does not manage people.
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Extract and analyze data from multiple disparate sources and data with varying degrees of quality
- Utilize statistical segmentation techniques to identify new opportunities
- Perform complex qualitative and quantitative analysis of credit polices to pursue specific financial and credit goals
- Develop complete business cases for new opportunities, inclusive of financial modeling and forecasts
- Develop underwriting or portfolio credit decision strategies
- Develop or contribute to the development of complex predictive analytical models (risk, loss, decision)
- Evaluate new risk products (data-only or data-driven solutions) offered by external vendors or partners
- Perform trend, regression analysis and key metric forecasting
- Superior time management skills and project management fundamentals (schedule and resourcing)
- 5+ years of quantitative analytic modeling experience or comparable process management experience
- 3+ years of Credit or Collections risk management experience, preferably with a credit card issuer
- BA/BS in Finance, Economics, Mathematics. Statistics or related degree
- Proficiency in SAS or other statistical/analytical programming languages
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, required.
- Superior communication, organization and presentation skills
- Master's Degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Statistics or related degree
- Basic to intermediate proficiency in SQL, C++ or Python
- Project Management experience preferred
- Wireless/Telecom experience a plus.
- Experience with credit risk decision engine software and platform solutions
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Statistics or related degree
- At least 18 years of age
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- High School Diploma or GED
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
Back to top