Corporate Counsel, Privacy & Security
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comJoin T-Mobile's Privacy Team! We are the Un-carrier, and our mission is to create the best wireless experience in the market through network enhancements, product innovations, and world-class customer service.
We're looking for a Corporate Counsel, Privacy & Security to work in an exciting, collegial, and fast-paced environment and build on your expertise in privacy, data security, compliance management, and transactional work.
The Corporate Counsel reports to the Director of Privacy, Legal Affairs, as part of the Privacy team at T-Mobile's corporate headquarters in Bellevue, Washington.
- A minimum of 3-5 years' experience as an attorney, with focus on privacy and cybersecurity laws, regulations, and industry best practices;
- Current bar membership, in good standing, in at least one U.S. state with the ability to become a licensed attorney in the State of Washington;
- Experience in developing and managing privacy and security programs to ensure legal compliance (e.g. cybersecurity, CPNI, HIPAA, TCPA, GLBA, FCRA, etc.);
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex projects and other high impact initiatives;
- Ability to establish self as subject matter expert in privacy and security;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other legal and business professionals in a complex organization with a focus on delivering results efficiently;
- Ability to interact with senior management with strong executive maturity;
- Excellent verbal and written skills; strong personal computer skills;
- IAPP certification a plus;
- Review supplier and customer contracts, negotiate privacy and data security related terms, and improve contract management and review processes;
- Partner with information security and risk management teams to mature and execute compliance programs, in particular those related to data security, privacy and data use, supplier management, and incident response.
- Assist in developing compliance measurement tools and criteria;
- Provide legal advice to business clients and assist them in complying with internal policies, privacy laws and industry best practices;
- Help conduct privacy training and raise awareness across the enterprise;
- Research changes in privacy law and regulation, and recommend new policy and procedures as necessary to meet new compliance obligations. Monitor proposed changes in law and provide analysis and support to government affairs teams;
- Participate as needed in incident response and fashion improvements to incident monitoring, reporting, internal coordination, and prevention efforts applying expertise in data breach and data security law and regulation;
- Prepare presentations, charts, and internal and external communications materials on work-related areas.
Must be at least 18 years of age, meet educational and certification requirements for the role and ability to practice law in the US. Ability to pass background check as required and be located and licensed in WA State.We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top