As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comT-Mobile is the nation’s Un-carrier and the fastest growing US wireless company thanks to an unconventional philosophy built on listening to customers and breaking from tired industry norms. Our Un-carrier moves have changed wireless for good. We’re punching above our weight against the Duopoly (AT&T and Verizon) who’ve long dominated the space.
That’s why we need a highly motivated PR pro to ignore limits while driving news and buzz for Un-carrier moves, T-Mobile’s innovative rate plans and MetroPCS. This person will be part of the news engine participating in T-Mobile’s fast-paced communication process. This role partners closely with marketing and other internal stakeholders to develop and execute external communications strategy and content. Position acts as an advisor on media relations, internal communications and change management for T-Mobile, interacting with internal and external stakeholders and managing implementation.
We’re looking for a critical thinker with technology and consumer tech chops who drives for results, understands what media want, knows how to get results through others, comes up with creative approaches and solutions, and rolls up their sleeves to get sh*t done. If you want to drive high impact, are nimble in your style, and like (even thrive) amidst change, then this might be the job for you.
- 5+ years developing & managing complex communication plans in a corporate environment or agency. Must be skilled at writing/editing newspaper, magazine, website and/or corporate communications.
- 5+ years working in a fast paced, high volume PR/Communications, Marketing, and/or Public Relations function for a large corporation or agency; strong cross functional partnership experience. Skilled at getting results through others both directly and indirectly.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Public relations expertise including technology, consumer technology, and reputation management.
- Exceptional writing abilities and presentation skills including experience such as a lead spokesperson and understanding of the digital space.
- Experience working with and counseling senior-level leadership.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills, results driven; history of anticipating issues and the skills to be strategic, proactive and assertive.
- Positive interpersonal and communication skills, critical thinking, upbeat attitude, flexibility, high integrity, persistence and personal initiative all are required.
- Self-motivated and possess the ability to work well both independently and among a team
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficient using MS Office
- Un-carrier Communications: Build creative & competitive communication strategies and tactics that build buzz and raise awareness about T-Mobile’s Un-carrier movement, T-Mobile ONE, new products and rate plans, and MetroPCS; enhance brand reputation; and reinforce leadership across critical external stakeholders, including industry analysts and news media.
- Business Partnership: Serves as a strategic business partner and provides communications counsel; drafts and edits news releases, fact sheets, pitches videos and more. Knowledgeable about the specific focus area of business in order to make communications recommendations to management.
- Vendors & Partners: Works with agency resources for communications programs, ensuring deadlines and budgets are met and business objectives and opportunities are well communicated.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top