- Bellevue, WA
T-Mobile is the nation's supercharged Un-carrier and the fastest growing U.S. wireless company, thanks to an unwavering obsession with customer experience and breaking from tired industry norms. This company has changed wireless for good and now, after our merger with Sprint, we are going even bigger!
And we need a rock star communications manager to help us create and tell the story of the T-Mobile's leadership as a brand and business through compelling content that drives strategic PR plans and media engagement. This candidate will work with partners across the company to source, interpret and package information about brand or Un-carrier news and strategies and business performance and initiatives into communications plans that tell the Un-carrier leadership story and resonate with external audiences (media, investors, analysts, consumers, etc.). The ideal candidate is comfortable in a high-performing, fast-paced environment and can adapt quickly to produce various communication and creative projects that have high visibility with senior executives.
What You'll Do:
- Partner cross functionally to support media strategy development (and execution) for high visibility brand or Un-carrier news announcements and business initiatives
- Lead strategic planning for drumbeat brand/news moments and storytelling - including for example our recent HQ renovation, company culture, business innovations, real estate news and more!
- Partner with senior team lead to support profiles and other top story opportunities for the CEO and other SLT execs.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key business/tech and Seattle media and find opportunities to shape and land narratives that are supportive of positive storylines
- Provide media and PR strategy (disclosure, targets) and support (pitching, truth squad) for corporate announcements/ brand related news moments
- Help prepare, review and edit talking points, scripts, Q&As, press releases, schedules, slides, speeches and other messaging documents
- Drive creation/updates of fact sheets, materials and owned content that help set and drive corporate/brand storylines
- As needed, support team on business-related PR activities (e.g.) earnings, M&A and business strategy.
- Own and drive newsroom strategy and supporting resources for brand and business storytelling to media
The Experience You'll Bring:
- 3-5 years of experience working in a fast-paced Corporate Communications, and/or Public Relations environment, ideally for a large corporation or agency
- Relationships or experience working with business, technology, consumer and/or financial media
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally within an organization to get results
- Comfortable multi-tasking and able to deliver results under pressure and a non-traditional work schedule
- Strong communication skills including writing, editing, proofreading and presentation
- Vigilant attention to detail with a demonstrated ability to adhere to tight timelines and schedules
- Proven ability to understand financial concepts and analyze information
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with meticulous calendar management
- High energy and deeply dedicated to generating great results
- Confidence to share opinions and suggest improvements
- Thrives in a fast-paced culture of change and innovation; fast-thinking and can pivot on a dime.
- Ability to work independently but also proactively communicates and manages up effectively
- A roll-up-your-sleeves attitude with a bias towards action; takes initiative rather than waiting for direction
- Excellent follow-through skills - you do what you say you'll do and dot the i's.
- Positive interpersonal and communication skills, upbeat attitude, high integrity, team player
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
Back to top