Business Operations Manager
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comThe Business Operations Manager (BOM) will serve as the department's coordinator of strategy development and deployment, support a broad variety of strategic initiatives, and support all organizational and performance management activities, including operations, financials, and business process redesign. Must provide exceptional leadership and ability to support a variety of functions which are critical to the department's operation.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, critical thinking, relationship building & influencing, results focus, communications management, budget management, and inspirational leadership.
- The Operations Manager must possess solid operational and technology knowledge along with financial acumen and serve as a capable steward of the company's resources.
- Outstanding combination of Technology and Operations experience required, well-rounded background including demonstrated experience in process redesign/management, vendor management, budget management, and executive reporting preferred.
- Technically-minded, ability to understand technical concepts with 5-10 years of technology and operational experience preferred
- Significant analysis skills along with in-depth experience of IT operations and employee roles
- Exceptional presentation skills that share both qualitative and quantitative information
- Knowledge of written and verbal communication best practices with proven ability to write clear, concise and accurate messages for a variety of audiences while adhering to an established style
- Ability to communicate with and manage executives to specific outcomes.
- Demonstrated pattern of thinking and acting strategically with an innovative, yet analytical approach to problem solving without much supervision or direction
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Ability to employ strict discretion in sensitive situations and initiative to go in search of details when little information is provided initially
- Strong project management, execution, implementation and influencing skills
- Ability to prioritize and deliver on multiple different work streams without sacrificing quality or strategy perspective
- Experience working in teams using Kanban, scrum, or lean frameworks/methodologies.
- Proficient in computer skills and knowledge of common business applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Proactive in anticipating and preempting potential problems.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience. Related field
- Lead the identification, analysis, prioritization, documentation, and implementation of key process improvements, operating procedures, tools and methods to continuously improve department operations.
- Develops metrics that provide data for process measurement, identifying indicators for future improvement opportunities.
- Construct executive-level presentations and present complex information from multiple teams/departments and reporting sources in a clear, concise, and decision-impacting manner
- Foster relationships with key cross-functional partners and internal stakeholders, and develop strong partnerships to obtain results on behalf of the department
- Serve as liaison to other departments regarding process change, best practices, and performance management
- Find innovative approaches and solutions to problems; Simplify and communicate complex problems through clear communication, useful tools and precise metrics that the field can execute, take action on or drive changes in behavior
- Facilitate productive strategic discussions, leadership meetings, and planning sessions to ensure the purpose and objectives are met
- Manage departmental budget planning, including working with Finance on monthly labor forecasts, accrual tracking, analysis of forecast variances, and identifying risks and opportunities in the departmental budget.
- Work with partners in procurement to drive the department's contract lifecycle, from RFP through invoicing, including creating and tracking purchase orders, authoring SOWs, and ensuring proper accrual of expenditures.
- Propose, define, and track departmental goals, including identification of data sources, development of operating definitions, and creation of formulas.
At least 18 years of age. Legally authorized to work in the United States. High School Diploma or GED. Pre-employment background screen.We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top