Business Analyst - Engineer, Systems Design
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comDo you want to work on the latest network and technology? Do you want to work with an exceptional team of technical people who support nearly every internal customer at T-Mobile? Do you want to feel like you are directly contributing to the success of T-Mobile, and be part of the Uncarrier movement? Does bridging the gap between the worlds of engineering and automation sound exciting to you? Look no further! Becoming a Business Analyst with T-Mobile may be a fit for you! This person will work with a talented group of network and software engineers to automate tasks that will minimize the time to market for deployments, increase the level of accuracy and minimize the level of effort for routine design tasks this year and for years to come.
As a business analyst for the T-Mobile’s National Transport Team, you’ll independently work with our technical teams to document existing processes, design new processes and solve process-related problems. The ideal candidate will have experience in process mapping and business process re-engineering. Having a technical background that enables and promotes interaction with engineers is a key to success. An ability to deliver high-quality technical documentation in a quickly changing environment is also a must.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in analyst or functionally equivalent role of increasing responsibility, using the skills described above.
- Knowledge of process mapping and business process re-engineering
- Hands-on experience with any of the following: MS Excel/PowerPivot, MS Power Point , MS SQL Server, Business Objects, MS Access
- The business analyst will need advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Power Point
- Proven record of demonstrating proper judgment in managing difficult situations.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Must have a solid foundation in electronics theory.
- Must be able to work flexible hours when required.
- Experience with data modeling and analysis, including understanding of relational database and data warehouse architecture/concepts.
- Experience with and understanding of data reporting environments and tools. Ability to develop report and perform ad-hoc data analysis.
- Facilitation of business requirements gathering and development of deliverables for business requirements, functional specifications and test requirement/plans.
- Experience at business process/workflow modeling, analysis and documentation.
- Effective communication at various levels (staff, managements) and business units within a large organization.
- Document existing processes and find areas for improvement through Lean methodologies or automation.
- Lead process redesign workshops to develop solutions for your internal customers that effectively address changing business needs, solve problems, and improve efficiency.
- Educate business users responsible for managing and operating business processes
- Monitor, measure and provide feedback on process performance
- Facilitate process workshops that involve eliciting process requirements and liaising with users
- Applying your knowledge of business process modeling notations to document processes
- Cross train other engineers on technical writing and process definitions
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top