Associate Engineer, Systems Design (Agile Methodologies)
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comAssoc Engineer, Systems Design (Agile Methodologies)
Snoqualmie, WA or Frisco, TX
The System Design Engineer's role is to design, validate and deploy technical solutions to maintain, enhance, and evolve the T-Mobile Network and Systems. Specific tasks may include the development and maintenance of designs for the network, applications, data centers, connectivity, validation plans, monitoring systems, reporting systems and engineering tools. The priority of these designs is to maximize reliability, performance, and efficiency while limiting costs and time to market. Responsibilities may include the evaluation and translation of requirements into design, evaluate design benefits and tradeoffs, validate design compliance and support deployment of the design to ensure the requirements were met. Development of tools may be required in order to most efficiently solve technical or business challenges including technology evolution, capacity management, and performance optimization. Technical documentation and presentation skills are required in order to convey design benefits to a wide range of audiences. Works on technical assignments that are routine in nature. Normally receives detailed instructions on all work. Works under close supervision.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- 0-2+ Years Technical engineering experience
- Focus: Able to communicate goals in support of the business' mission.
- Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure.
- Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team.
- Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills.
- Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers' needs.
- Analytical: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Agile/SCRUM experience preferred.
- Bachelors Degree. Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Technical System Expertise: Understands how systems operate and the benefits of current technology. High level of connectivity understanding. Scientific method. Familiar with building blocks and tools related to technology assigned.
- Technical Engineering Services: Participates in engineering projects by adapting and applying engineering techniques; conducting tests and inspections; preparing reports and calculations. Participates in activities designed to validate, enhance, and optimize network. Performs validation tests and inspection techniques and documents results.
- Innovation: Understands and shares new ideas which improve an existing system/process/service. Question and express new perspectives based on independent study of the industry. Review current company processes to highlight questions that may drive process refinement.
- Technical Writing: Maintains knowledge of existing technology documents. Maintains clear documentation on systems used. Documenting systems designs and business requirements.
- Technical Leadership: Collaborates with technical team to deliver technical solutions. Continuously learns new technologies. Ability to offer and communicate ideas and opinions. Ability to learn technologies being used. Awareness of technology roadmap.
- Supplemental Region/Market Functions: o Strategic end to end dimensioning, planning and performance of the network o Development of optimization features and processes o Provides capacity plans and performance reports o Provides regular performance reports for nodes, interfaces, and services across o Supports performance related lab and FOA activities o Systems Engineering and design of T-Mobile's Network o Feasibility analysis of new technologies, products, features, and services o In depth analysis (both fiscal and technical) and design of new features and technologies o Development and deployment of network technology software/automation reporting and tools to meet internal customer and business requirements o Collect, process and evaluate market/regional analytics to identify further business CAPEX spend and OPEX Savings
At least 18 years of age
Legally authorized to work in the United States
High School Diploma or GED
Pre-employment background screenWe Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top