Associate Analyst, Application Support
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comThis position is responsible for supporting the various business units, systems, and vendors within the T-Mobile U.S., MetroPCS brand, Billing and OSS application layer. The qualified candidate will understand how organizations function to accomplish their goals, driving daily objectives of application support and providing the best possible service to the group's dependent thereof. The qualified candidate will facilitate interdepartmental communication to provide overall clarity, gain alignment, and achieve successful resolution as a part of the ITIL Service Delivery model. This role plans, directs, and completes the analysis of business and technology problems, as well as governs changes to supported products/services. The qualified candidate will provide technical consultation in correcting identified system defects and partner in the planning efforts for future system/process enhancements; this done with an end-goal of protecting production stability and optimizing operational systems for business growth and user experience.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, vendor management, results focus and high level technical abilities.
- Minimum of 2 to 4 years of application analysis experience with understanding strategic business information systems
- Working understanding of application analytical best practices and principles, demonstrated ability to apply said principles, ability to report on analytical findings in a consumable fashion (strong organizational skills and attention to detail).
- Working understanding of business and system processes/technology within multiple knowledge areas, allowing for cross-functional strategy and support
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; effectively able to communicate with all employee levels
- Experience with identifying and resolving internal and external customer problems
- Experience in working with members of the project/product management team, business subject matter experts (SME's), and executive leadership to develop and implement viable solutions.
- Demonstrates competent consulting skills and experience in bridging gaps between technology and business operations
- Must be proficient and have experience using MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- ITIL Foundations preferred
- Primarily supports the user interface for the Porting and Provisioning functions of the MetroPCS activation experience.
- Partner with the development team for consultation and input on projects within areas of support.
- Basic understanding of wireless, engineering eco systems and call flows a plus.
- Utilizes existing toolsets to work, track, and resolve issues within the primary functional area.
- Cross-functionally supports the IT Operations team and wider application set within the MetroPCS ecosystem
- Manages production outages and escalations end-to-end, ensuring the correct stakeholders are involved to be able to drive resolution, and communicating to impacted business units.
- Weekly on-call rotation, encompassing weekends and afterhours support. Will be expected to lead calls, grow in confidence and resolve issues quickly.
- Assists management and other team members in ensuring production stability through understanding of business needs, changes being implemented and high level technical flows.
- Provides subject matter expertise (SME) leadership and consulting support on complex tasks related to the primary functions of the position.
- Initiates and executes initiatives to improve functional processes, procedures, and tools utilized by the team.
- Reviews deliverables and provides input/training for other team members.
- Strong understanding of other business channels.
- Contributes to process improvement initiatives (Continue Service Improvement, CSI)
- Utilizes ticketing system to manage and understand ticket queues
- Bachelor's Degree. Quantitative discipline or eq. work experience
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top