Assoc Technician, Ntwk Ops Ctr (NOC Transport - NJ/TX/WA)
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comAssoc Technician, Ntwk Ops Ctr (Transport)
This position can be based in Parsippany, NJ, Frisco, TX or Snoqualmie, WA.
Provides basic remote network surveillance and first tier trouble shooting. Tests, locates and repairs simple to complex equipment problems. Performs basic configuration and fault management for wide array of platforms in the network including but not limited to MAD (Media Aggregation Device) Routers, DACS (Digital Access Carrier System), CSR (Cell Site Routers),digital cross connects, and an assortment of adjunct and peripheral systems , and transport.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- 1+ year experience in a technical role.
- Basic level Knowledge of telecommunications networks. Applies acquired job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
- Basic level Knowledge of basic cell site topology.
- Good skills in Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Good communications skills
- Basic IP networking skills
- This position operates in a 24x7x365 environment. Shift work and the ability to participate in an on-call rotation are required
- Basic level Knowledge of TDM and Ethernet circuits; theory, testing, troubleshooting.
- Basic level Knowledge of IP architecture.
- MAD Router experience.
- Alcatel 7705 and 7750 router experience.
- Cisco certification.
- High School Diploma
- In lieu of the experience requirement a Bachelor's or Associate degree may be considered.
This position requires mobility (standing, walking, climbing, etc.); the ability to get from one place to another. This position requires bending, turning, twisting of your neck or at the waist. This position requires balancing and maintaining equilibrium. This position operates in a 24x7x365 environment. Shift work and the ability to participate in an on-call rotation are required.Essential Functions
- Works as part of a cross-functional team to conduct routine remote surveillance and tier 1 maintenance activities for all network nodes in his/her area of responsibility. Provides support to other technicians and engineers. Performs fault isolation tests related to transport trouble. Monitors network alarms, and performs fault isolation testing on radio and switching networks and peripherals, Creates and responds to work orders and trouble tickets by either conducting restoration efforts or dispatching the appropriate technician for resolution. Escalates trouble tickets with third party vendors such as power and telco companies, as well as second tier organizations within T-Mobile.
- Operations Support: Answers inbound telephone calls from a wide variety of client organizations and external groups and performs the necessary support required by the caller. Provides support during large scale outages and disaster recovery efforts.
- Enrolls in and completes training requirements to stay current on existing and new systems and products, to grow skills, and to maintain proficiency on company values and organizational requirements. Identifies, researches, and develops process improvements and recommends them to management for implementation.
- Works with more senior-level technicians to gain working knowledge of how to complete more complex troubleshooting and repair functions. Uses resource documentation for reference and troubleshooting network problems.
At least 18 years of age
Legally authorized to work in the United States
High School Diploma or GED
Pre-employment background screenT-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top