Assoc Technician, Ntwk Ops Ctr (NOC RAN - WA/NJ)
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comAssoc Technician, Ntwk Ops Ctr (NOC RAN)
This position can be based in either Snoqualmie, WA or Parsippany, NJ.
Highly motivated individual with experience and a passion for delivering excellent technical support and great customer service in a 24x7 Network Operations Center (NOC) environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for alarm surveillance, tier 1 troubleshooting, validating and documenting results to resolve events/issues efficiently to minimize customer impact. This role may include, but is not limited to, testing, locating and repairing simple to complex equipment and network problems, configuration faults, or interface problems with vendors.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- 1+ year experience in a technical role.
- Basic level knowledge of telecommunications networks. Can apply acquired job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
- Basic level knowledge of cell site topology.
- Router familiarity / knowledge, and basic IP Networking skills
- Good skills in Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Good communications skills, oral and written
- Ability to type a minimum of 20 words per minute
- This position operates in a 24x7x365, on-call environment. Shift work and the ability to participate in an on-call rotation are required.
- Understanding of voice and data transport over AAV, Ethernet and IP Protocols.
- Understanding of RAN Ericsson and/or Nokia equipment.
- Understanding of RAN Ericsson and/or Nokia remote access user interfaces.
- High School Diploma
- In lieu of the experience requirement a Bachelor's or Associate degree may be considered.
License or Certification
Cisco or Transport-related certifications a plus
This position requires mobility (standing, walking, climbing, etc.); the ability to get from one place to another. This position requires bending, turning, twisting of your neck or at the waist. This position requires balancing and maintaining equilibrium. This position operates in a 24x7x365 environment. Shift work and the ability to participate in an on-call rotation are required.
- Works as part of a cross-functional team to conduct routine remote surveillance and tier 1 maintenance activities for all network nodes in his/her area of responsibility. Provides support to other technicians and engineers. Performs fault isolation tests related to transport trouble. Monitors network alarms, and performs fault isolation testing on radio and switching networks and peripherals, Creates and responds to work orders and trouble tickets by either conducting restoration efforts or dispatching the appropriate technician for resolution. Escalates trouble tickets with third party vendors such as power and telco companies, as well as second tier organizations within T-Mobile.
- Operations Support: Answers inbound telephone calls from a wide variety of client organizations and external groups and performs the necessary support required by the caller. Provides support during large scale outages and disaster recovery efforts.
- Completes training requirements to stay current on existing and new systems and products, to grow skills, and to maintain proficiency on company values and organizational requirements. Identifies, researches, and develops in concert with more senior technicians process improvements and recommends them to management for implementation.
- Works with more senior-level technicians to gain working knowledge of how to complete more complex troubleshooting and repair functions; Uses resource documentation for reference and troubleshooting network problems.
At least 18 years of age
Legally authorized to work in the United States
High School Diploma or GED
Pre-employment background screenWe Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top