Assoc Investigator, Corp Investigations
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com As the Associate Investigator, Corporate Investigations you will assist our team with your ability to investigate incidents of unauthorized access to subscriber data, fraud, theft, policy violations, allegations of wrongdoing, or any other activities that have or potentially could adversely affect T-Mobile US. Investigations will focus on unauthorized access to CPNI or other subscriber data as well as additional priority issues related to Financial Fraud, Brand Protection, Ethics & Compliance and other matters.
- 2+ years of investigative experience in the public and/or private sector or equivalent experience. Minimum of 24 months at T-Mobile USA in Analyst, Corporate Investigations role unless otherwise approved by Director.
- Fundamental knowledge of mobile and data network architecture and other telecommunications industry specific topics that may be pertinent to any given investigation.
- Ability to organize & appropriately prioritize multiple, ongoing tasks via efficient time management & forecasting and respond with professionalism to new situations and increasingly more complex issues in a fast paced environment. Basic project management skills are a plus.
- Ability to solve complex problems for self and team members when appropriate or required.
- Sound understanding of the legal requirements pertaining to the conduct of investigations with the ability to work in cooperation with counsel and/or law enforcement agencies when appropriate.
- Fundamental knowledge of State & Federal regulatory requirements involving PCI, PII and CPNI.
- Fundamental understanding of theories, principles, and practices of criminal rules of evidence, search and seizure, chain of custody, and applicable state and federal laws pertaining to investigative efforts.
- Ability to correlate and analyze a large volume of disparate data points in the context of a potential breach or other privacy related investigation.
- Basic awareness on rulings made by FCC, State Attorneys General and other entities with respect to potential impact on team's Privacy related investigations.
- Demonstrate ability to adapt investigative protocol to changing case law as necessary.
- Familiarity with SEC regulations, FCPA implications and other such factors that may impact team's Ethics & Compliance, Financial Fraud or other investigations.
- Understand basics of copyright, trademark and patents so as to support Brand Protection investigations involving the Company's intellectual property.
- Responsible for managing investigations through the entire life-cycle from intake & case planning through interview and final disposition.
- Maintains Continuing Professional Education (CPE) standards for any certifications currently held.
Demonstrate an ability to effectively prioritize investigations so as to ensure efficient handling of those with the highest exposure and/or potential impact to the Company and/or its brand.Handles investigations that are assigned on a regional basis or any other basis as deemed appropriate by management. May be asked to handle investigations in tandem with other investigators on team. Investigations include those applicable under Corporate Investigations' mission, into policy violation, allegations of wrongdoing and events as directed by Human Resources, Legal, and Senior Management related to Privacy, Financial Fraud, Brand Protection, Ethics & Compliance and other matters, focusing on allegations of unauthorized access to subscriber data.
Assist investigators, attorneys, and other business partners with the collection, organization, and preparation of data for review and analysis in legal matters, regulatory filings, law enforcement referrals and cross-functional investigations.
Demonstrate an ability to effectively prioritize investigations so as to ensure efficient handling of those with the highest exposure and/or potential impact to the Company and/or its brand.
Assist with preparation of materials for special projects with an enterprise-wide impact requiring guidance and direction from an investigations perspective. May be asked to contribute to cross functional/Company strategic initiatives per the direction of management and/or Legal Affairs.
Communicate and engage management within Corporate Investigations and appropriate business partners on significant issues. Provide feedback to other investigators and/or management when team is asked to provide consultation to other business units on proactive and/or remediation measures.
Provide testimony regarding theories, principles, and practices regarding investigations.
Also responsible for other Duties/Projects as assigned by business management as needed.
Must be at least 18 years of age with a HS diploma and at least an AS in Criminal Justice or other discipline to complement job duties. Must be US work eligible and able to pass required background check. May consider a combination of education and work experience in related field. One or more of CFE, CCEP, PCI, CFI, completion of formal interview training is preferred along with required Accreditation/membership in a professional security or investigations organization.We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top