Assoc Engineer, Systems Architecture
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
Associate Engineer, Systems Architecture located in Bellevue, Washington will work towards becoming one of the Subject Matter Experts of various IP Messaging Solutions that make up T-Mobile's Rich Communications Services infrastructure. The Associate Engineer shall actively work with cross-functional teams and would assist with feasibility analysis of new technologies, products, features and services as well as create functional designs, deployment procedures, and operational processes. This individual would work with other subject matter experts within the Messaging Engineering teams and would help support all respective design activities within the team.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), wireless network technologies and standards including 3GPP, GSMA, ITUT, ANSI, etc.
- Basic knowledge of UNIX, Linux, and TCP/IP environments.
- Ability to multitask, and cope with a dynamic environment where priorities are constantly revised to keep pace with a highly competitive industry
- Ability to work effectively in collaborative team environment.
- Good proficiency with basic reporting tools such as Power Point, Access, Excel.
- Basic working knowledge of databases (Oracle, Cassandra, Hadoop) is a plus.
- Work towards becoming a Subject Matter Expert SME in IP Messaging platforms and Messaging interfaces, various related protocols and technologies (such as GSM, CDMA, WiFi and VoLTE)
- Serve as a point of contact for the IP Messaging Engineering team for internal customers and liaise with cross-functional teams within Engineering, Marketing Product Development, and other stakeholders to implement and certify new IP messaging products and services with focus on customer experience.
- Roadmap/Vendor Management:
- Participate in driving vendor roadmap to ensure T-Mobile requirements are adequately met and close any gaps. Drive vendors for timely delivery of SW/HW and system features per T-Mobile requirements.
Bachelor's degree in electrical and electronic engineering, computer science, telecommunications, or related.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top