Assoc Engineer, Software (IT Monitoring Solutions)
Assoc Engineer, Software (Custom Solutions)
The Technology Software Engineer will work with a team of other software developers and network and systems engineers to design, implement, and deploy software which meet customerÃ¢â,¬â¢s requirements, scales easily, removes the limitations of traditional networking solutions, and supports deployment in highly available environments The engineer will participate in architecture and design of various software components focused on creating applications that leverage technologies such as virtualization, micro services, SDN, NFV, and Big Data platforms and technologies. Works on technical assignments that are routine in nature. Normally receives detailed instructions on all work. Works under close supervision.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Technical System Expertise: Understand how systems operate and the benefits of current technology. Knowledge of object oriented programming, unstructured data manipulation, and network virtualization solutions. Experience with development tools used for programming and data analysis.
- Technical Engineering Services: Participates in engineering projects by adapting and applying software solutions; conducting tests and inspections; preparing reports and calculations.
- Innovation: Understands and shares new ideas which improve an existing system/process/service. System analysis and innovation for continuous system improvement.
- Technical Writing: Maintains knowledge of existing technology documents. Maintains clear documentation for new code and systems used. Documenting systems designs and business requirements.
- Technical Leadership: Collaborates with technical team to deliver technical solutions. Continuously learns new technologies. Ability to offer and communicate ideas and opinions. Ability to learn technologies being used. Awareness of technology roadmap.
- Technology Strategy: Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging engineering practices.
- 0-2+ Years Technical engineering experience
- Focus: Able to communicate goals in support of the business' mission.
- Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure.
- Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team.
- Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills.
- Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customersÃ¢â,¬â¢ needs.
- Analytical: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
Functional and Technical Skills Desired
- Experience with Java or equivalent programing language.
- Experience with Angular development.
- Experience programming in a microservices environment.
- Familiarity with Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Docker, or similar technology.
- Experience with server infrastructure monitoring including Windows, Linux, and Unix operating systems.
- Bachelors Degree. Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent
As AmericaÃ¢â,¬â¢s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: Ã¢â,¬Å"TMUSÃ¢â,¬?) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The companyÃ¢â,¬â¢s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Retail Associate Manager
Diego assists the store manager with day-to-day operations while working to develop the roles of his associates through hands-on sales coaching.
Back to top