Assoc Engineer, Software (Data SQL Developer)
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comAssoc Engineer, Software (Database SQL Developer)
This is a software database Developer position responsible for delivering agile bi-weekly sprints using the latest tools and leveraging exciting new technologies. Once the business requirements are known, the Database SQL Developer will design, develop, test, and deliver, while working actively as a part of Scrum teams. The Assoc. Engineer normally receives detailed instructions on all work, and works under close supervision.
- Responsible for developing database objects and ensuring their stability, reliability, and performance of Application databases
- Develops database programs used by applications and backend systems
- Responsible for unit testing
- Identifies and recommends system enhancements to improve or expand customer services by anticipating customer problems and recommending solutions
- Collaborate with Senior developers and architect team, other team members and stakeholders
- Participate in analysis and system design specification sessions.
- Develop solutions adhere to development best practices and architectural principles.
- Apply analytical skills to resolve problems and deliver viable solutions. Anticipate obstacles and execute proactive approaches to issues. Active participation in issue resolution.
- Work with application developers to assist in database design, query tuning, index assignment, and trigger and procedure creation
- Monitor and troubleshoot Database jobs
- Ensure the integrity of company databases is maintained
- Work closely with QA team and ops team on Stage to ensure that environments are fully functional and that builds are properly deployed.
- Provide technical support to business and testing team during testing phases. Track defects, defect triage and resolution
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- 0-2+ Years Technical engineering experience
- Focus: Able to communicate goals in support of the business' mission.
- Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure.
- Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team.
- Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills.
- Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers' needs.
- Analytical: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- 1+ years Basic SQL and No-SQL development skills
- 1+ years- Database modelling and design experience
- 1+ years - Database - SQL Server 2014 or higher, Elastic Search, Mongo
- Experienced with Stored procedure creation/debugging/ optimization/tuning
- Experienced with database functions, triggers, Views
- Agile Methodology programming experience is a plus
- Bachelors Degree. Computer Science or Engineering
- Technical System Expertise: Understand how systems operate and the benefits of current technology. Knowledge of object oriented programming, unstructured data manipulation, and network virtualization solutions. Experience with development tools used for programming and data analysis.
- Technical Engineering Services: Participates in engineering projects by adapting and applying software solutions; conducting tests and inspections; preparing reports and calculations.
- Innovation: Understands and shares new ideas which improve an existing system/process/service. System analysis and innovation for continuous system improvement.
- Technical Writing: Maintains knowledge of existing technology documents. Maintains clear documentation for new code and systems used. Documenting systems designs and business requirements.
- Technical Leadership: Collaborates with technical team to deliver technical solutions. Continuously learns new technologies. Ability to offer and communicate ideas and opinions. Ability to learn technologies being used. Awareness of technology roadmap.
- Technology Strategy: Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging engineering practices.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top