As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Architect, Data
As Data Architect, you will architect, design, and build relational and dimensional data models. Your success will be measured on your ability to rapidly develop a keen understanding of T-Mobile information architecture while working closely with other architecture, development and analytic teams to build world class solutions. This position will work very closely with leadership, solution architects, development and analytic team members to build out and execute the business intelligence (BI) strategy.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience with enterprise level database systems such as Teradata, Oracle, SQL
- Good data modeling skills in relational and dimensional database structures.
- Good SQL knowledge and ability to write and understand complex sql logic to join multiple tables from multiple sources.
- Understands and relates business needs as they pertain to Data Sources/Systems/etc.
- Ability to collaborate with business users to understand requirements and Architecture Mapping Documents.
- Good customer management skills including the ability to use personal initiative and to be a “self-starter.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in productivity applications such as MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, etc.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with strong relationship building skills.
- Skilled in data analysis and facilitation, i.e., able to produce data designs using a variety of inputs such as requirements analysis, SME interviews, business process and data flow analysis, data profiling, etc.
- Familiar with a variety of information architecture components such as MDM, data warehousing, data quality, business intelligence, metadata management, content management, Big Data/NoSQL, SOA, etc.
- Familiar with PowerDesigner or similar data modeling tools/repositories (Erwin or other IBM tools).
- Knowledge of GRID tools, Data Modeling, SQL, Linux/Unix, and Windows.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar degree. Equivalent experience may considered in lieu of a degree.
- Stay abreast of information management trends and standards, master data management, data services, self-service business intelligence, metadata management, data quality, and data governance.
- Build & maintain Reference Model Architecture and Standards for communicating direction of Information Architecture.
- Unify collections of data requirements for key data concepts across the organization.
- Maintain a view of data across business systems and highlight opportunities for progressive improvement.
- Architect, design and build data models with focus on Business Intelligence and Information Mgmt.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top