As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comDoes innovation in the evolving Big Data technologies excite you?
The Enterprise Data Solutions (EDS) IT team is looking for a Data Architect. This role is critical in development of an Integrated Data Warehouse (IDW) and Data Marts to support T-Mobile's digital transformation. This position will develop a strong understanding of enterprise data and will promote T-Mobile's data driven culture by working with development teams and business users through enterprise projects. A person entering this role requires strong data analysis, data architecture and Data Warehouse to provide a great consulting experience for our internal customers. The EDS team supports various business areas in achieving business results including Finance, Marketing, Digital, and Supply Chain.
- RDBMS (Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server) with strong working knowledge of Teradata and utilities
- Data modeling tools (Erwin, Power Designer) and standards.
- Telecom experience building EDW's on Teradata in an enterprise environment
- ETL Tools (Informatica, etc.), BTEQ
- Experience with Hadoop tools and technologies. Experience in Big Data/NoSQL technologies
- Excellent SQL knowledge and ability to write and understand complex sql logic to join multiple tables from multiple sources.
- Experience architecting BI / data environments in support of Business environments including formal processes and methodologies for BI solutions
- Familiarity with data warehousing components (Data acquisition, ETL, data modeling, infrastructure, profiling and reporting)
- Experience working with vendors to evaluate, select, and implement 3rd party solutions
- Demonstrates working knowledge of UML documentation of various business process and modeling to build Data Flow Diagrams, Process Models, ER diagrams, Dimensional Data Models, Context Models, Event Modeling, State
- Modeling, Process decomposition, and Use Case Scenarios
- Unix and Windows operating systems
- Experience creating logical and physical data models based on the business reporting requirements
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong relationship building skills
- Minimum 3-5 years of Data Analysis and BI data architecture experience.
- 1+ year experience with message modeling
- 1-2 years of experience with AWS or Azure.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience designing BI solutions on RDBMS Teradata version 13, 14 & 15
- Bachelor's Degree
- Work with business teams and technical analysts to understand business requirements
- Standardize and perform data profiling procedures using industry standard data profiling tools and SQL.
- As part of data profiling, perform and document source and target data analysis for data completeness, uniqueness, range, value distribution and pattern analysis
- Architect, design, and build enterprise class relational and dimensional data models.
- Conduct industry research & trends for setting the direction of Information Architecture
- Stay abreast of information management trends and standards, master data management, data services, self-service business intelligence, metadata management, data quality, and data governance.
- Build & maintain Reference Model Architecture and Standards for communicating direction of Information Architecture.
- Serve as a technical resource for business teams to help define, and propose solutions for business opportunities
- Architect, design and build the data architecture layer (LDM/PDM/ETL design/Guidelines/Industry models) to drive solutions that will be implemented by the development team.
- Prepare visual diagrams of system architecture, functionality, and process flows.
- Develop proofs-of-concept and prototypes to help illustrate approaches to technology and business problems
- Work with development, infrastructure, test, and production support teams. Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture to define service delivery landscape
At least 18 years of age. Legally authorized to work in the United States. High School Diploma or GED. Pre-employment background screen.We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top