Application Security Engineer
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comEngineer, Cybersecurity
In this role, the Cyber Security Engineer will apply depth of expertise in cyber security to contemporary design and development to effectively secure and protect by increasing people's knowledge of security. This role be be part of a team of people who will be responsible for performing assessments on hosts, applications, people, and processes.
- Provide mentoring and skill set knowledge to different technical teams.
- Review results of assessments with technical stake holdsers
- Partner with other technology and business teams to develop secure technical solutions
- Launch phising campagains on the employee base
- Participate with employee security awareness programs.
- Understand how new technologies impact the current environment
- Champion the adoption of new assessement technologies and drive the implementation into the environment
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.Qualifications
- Minimum 4 years of experience in info security technology or related field
- Strong knowledge of multiple security subject areas
- Knowledge of critical security elements, threats, vulnerabilities, and safeguards
- Knowledge of information security policies and regulatory controls (per team function)
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills; ability to communicate internally, upward, and cross functionally; ability to interface with cross-functional team members to gain support required to accomplish assignments; able to build coalitions
- Always act with tact and integrity, and interface with a variety of individuals in a positive and productive manner
- Strong problem solving / troubleshooting skills
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize tasks to complete independently; Ability to work under pressure and meet tight timelines
- 2+ yrs experience working in a large enterprise; 2+ yrs experience working in telecommunications industry; 2+ yrs experience in a dedicated security engineering role
- Knowledge of current technological trends and developments in the area of info security
- Experience with high level design architecture, security technologies, Networking, web services and SOA Understanding of encryption, obfuscation, tokenization technologies
- Strong presentation skills to large and small audiences.
- Bachelors Degree. Computer Science or Information Technology
- 4 years of college courses in Information Technology, Certifications combined with relevant work experience may be substituted for education requirements
License or Certification
CISSP and/or CISA/CISM certification a plus
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce. Essential Functions
- Provides design, installation/development, & configuration of Cyber Security solutions
- Ability to simplify and communicate technical concepts & architecture to technical team members
- Position requires an individual that is highly organized and self-motivated
- Proven ability and desire to learn and adapt to new products quickly and comprehensively
- Knowledge of HTML
- Creative writing skills
- Python scripting is a plus
- LI-TECH-AS1T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top