As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
As a Systems Analyst, you will help design, build, and support the future Products & Services capabilities at T-Mobile. This position will work closely with Leadership, Architects, and Development team members to build out and execute an MDM Strategy for Product Catalog data, exposing capabilities to other enterprise systems via APIs and Microservices.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Systems Analysis experience with increasing responsibility 3+ years
- Experience with software delivery projects and solutions utilizing a project and portfolio management tool or enterprise requirement management tool 3+ years
- Formal implementation/SDLC experience (Waterfall/Agile/Lean) 3+ years
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Understanding of Sarbanes/Oxley, systems/process controls or Internal Audit experience
- Ability to analyze customer issues and implement end-to-end solutions leading to customer satisfaction
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize work, multi-task across many assignments and create deliverables
- Experience in telecommunications industry preferred.
- Experience in Data Modeling and Database Design
- Experience with API’s/Microservices/SOA
- Comfort with frequent, incremental testing and deployment.
- Familiarity with Rally, Artifactory, Bitbucket, Cloudbees/Jenkins, Docker, Methos Maven, Puppet, and Splunk.
- Prior experience with Scrum Master role and duties is a plus.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- Collaborate with business and IT partner teams to develop business capability and technology roadmaps, provide education on potential process and system solution options, and drive business/IT investigation of emerging strategic capabilities
- Assist in creation of KPI’s and benchmarks to ensure anticipated project benefits are clarified early and achieved.
- Translate business requirements into process / system impacts and functional requirements, and identify/assess potential data sources.
- Create solution options based on research of (current and future) system capabilities, standard processes, and high-performing companies
- Assist in leveraging (where advisable) standard process/system capabilities to reduce complexity and customization
- Manage backlog of development work; assist with iterative release planning, and ensure stakeholders, management, and project managers are fully informed of project risks, team activities and project status
- Research, identify and drive improvements to project efficiency, speed and quality via new cross-team synergies, methods, and tools
- Research production issues and support the Application Support group as needed.
- Assist business in articulating enhancements to resolve issues.
- Support assigned business areas as the IT primary contact for questions/concerns regarding back office system and processes
- Use advanced knowledge of processes and systems to:
- Support Project Intake Feasibility Assessment with estimates of Impact (Effort and Timeline), High level Scope Analysis and Solution Design Facilitates
- Plans and facilitates solution design workshops, ensuring cross-functional business and technical collaboration, and invitation of diverse perspective
- Identify risks, assist in issue resolution and develop options/proposals
- Facilitate cross-functional workshops to create AS IS documentation and to identify process/system issues
SUPPORT & OPERATIONS:
- Operate in a 24/7 on-call support role focused on maintaining high system availability. Support software-related escalations and drive resolution as required.
- Perform intake and impact validation for system issues and outages.
- Investigate and debug issues at a functional level. Partner with software vendor to debug and resolve issues when necessary.
- Work closely with Development team to proactively respond to investigate, analyze, validate and resolve issues for a dynamic and complex toolset and environment.
- Provide technical Subject Matter Expertise and drive improvements to one or more core functional applications.
- Plan and execute functional acceptance testing and data validation testing or analysis for upgrades, patches, and enhancements.
- Manage weekly/monthly deployments from enhancement request management, review and approval, solution delivery, testing, production change management and communications. Own continuous improvement of deployment process. Lead system developers and business partners during implementation phase of applications.
- Lead data configuration and data quality analysis required for root cause analysis on process or tool deficiencies, measure output and provide recommendations for process improvement.
- Acts as Liaison between development team and end users. Drive creation of system Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators. Document new processes and provide operational documentation where needed.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top