Analyst, Business Systems
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comJoin a team that is responsible for creating technical solutions for the Finance Department in T-Mobile.
Function as the solution owner of mid-scale projects, and is responsible for analyzing data, understanding and translating business needs into technical requirements/ data model prototypes for creating sustainable solutions that bring efficiencies.
This position contributes to T-Mobile's success by working with the user community to evaluate new initiatives, automate processes, build reports and gather requirements for new technical solutions that address business challenges. Other responsibilities include serving as a liaison between the Finance organization and various IT teams, collaborating on creating solutions, reviewing IT produced solution specifications, analyzing test data, and documenting processes such as Business and Functional Requirement Document.
T-Mobile is looking for a Report/Business System Analyst who enjoys solving problems and takes pride in accomplishing difficult tasks. The right candidate for this role must have good working knowledge and hands-on experience in writing query and is one that takes initiative and is self-motivated in creating technical solutions The experienced candidate will possess most of the following skills. The candidate with the right attitude and proven ability to learn will be developed into this role by one of our experienced managers.
- Experience with data analysis in Excel and SQL, including ability to investigate data using SQL queries (Teradata SQL Assistant, SQL server, Toad)
Demonstrates proficiency in structured query languages or analysis techniques.
Demonstrates ability to apply structure to a loosely defined problem.
Strong technical troubleshooting skills
Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies potential risks, and devises contingency plans and gap analysis
- understanding of relational database and data warehouse architecture/concepts
- Experience with and understanding of data reporting environments and tools. Ability to develop report (using SSRS, PowerPivot, Business Objects etc)
- Facilitation of business requirements gathering and development of deliverables for business requirements, functional specifications and test requirement/plans.
- Effective communication at various levels (staff, managements) and business units within a large organization.
Requires ability to multitask and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Ability to PM/orchestrate and participate in the complete system development life cycle.
- Minimum of 2-4 years' experience in analyst or functionally equivalent role of increasing responsibility, using the skills described above.
- Hands-on experience with any of the following: Advanced MS Excel, SSRS,PowerPivot, Teradata, MS SQL Server, Business Objects, MS Access
- A Big Plus Understanding of business financial and accounting concepts, ERP and billing systems.
- A four year degree in Business or MIS/Computer Science.Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Works on project or problems of medium to high complexity with some guidance from manager and often in partnership with other analysts on the team. Conduct analysis on the data residing in various systems and determine how it may be used for financial reporting processes.
- Apply skills in various disciplines requirements gathering, data analysis and modeling, analytical and operational reporting tools, use case analysis, etc. to propose and develop solutions for our customers that effectively address changing business needs, solve problems, and improve efficiency.
- Apply effective communication and project management skills to ensure the successful execution of projects and initiatives. Build successful relationships/partnerships internally within the Finance organization as well as with the appropriate external business units within T-Mobile.
- Take the initiative to own a project from beginning to end, which may involve research to develop clarity and distinct work plans out of initially vague information.
- Partner teams in the Finance organization at staff and management levels.
- Representatives from other business units within T-Mobile.
- Central IT staff and management responsible for the various applications and environments.
- Other Analysts on the team providing similar services to our customers, including a more technical system and reporting team focused on prototyping and report development.
Participates actively in the complete system development life cycle. At least 18 years of age. Legally authorized to work in the United States. High School Diploma or GED. Pre-employment background screen.T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top