Accounting Manager, Procurement (Procure-to-Pay)
Accounting Manager, Procurement (Procure-to-Pay)
The Procurement Accounting team is a unique accounting operations team within T-Mobile. It operates under the umbrella of the Fixed Assets and Lease Accounting team as this team is heavily impacted by the procurement systems for its financial reporting given the company's technology spend. The Procurement Accounting team is responsible for a variety of objectives including supporting the implementation of enterprise P2P initiatives; facilitating the month-end accrual process with FP&A partners; designing solutions to resolve accounting and reporting issues caused by information fed in front-end procurement systems; and supporting the purchase commitments disclosure process managed by the Corporate Accounting team.
The Accounting Manager position is an individual contributor position that reports to the Sr. Accounting Manager. This position requires the individual to collaborate with cross functional teams in Procurement, FP&A and IT; represent accounting operations as a functional expert on P2P project implementations ensuring that the project addresses financial reporting and control issues and still meet stringent implementation timelines; be able to act as project manager on departmental initiatives and guide their implementation; and ensuring proper accounting, reporting and control environment over assigned areas.
- Represent and advocate the cause and concerns of the Accounting Operations team on all Spend Management projects.
- Ensure appropriate requirements are developed and communicated based on a solid understanding of the impacted systems & transactional flows; perform regression testing.
- Responsible for understanding and creating operational processes for the functionality delivered on enterprise projects, including assessing the control environment and potential audit concerns.
- Accountable for identifying and communicating risks and issues impacting accounting processes arising from the project implementation.
- Provide review and constructive feedback of work performed by other project team members and maintain positive relationships.
- Analyze data, identify problem areas, design, lead and manage projects to facilitate work efficiencies and reduce time and effort spent on low value-added activities.
- Support the Purchase Commitments process and be the team's contact point with both Procurement and Corporate Accounting for all assigned contracts
- Review vendor contracts in detail; evaluate, finalize and report minimum commitments working in conjunction with FP&A, Procurement and other business partners.
- Provide necessary guidance to the Procurement Team in evaluating vendor contracts and associated commitments
- Participate in monthly accounting close activities, record and/or approve journal entries, perform account reconciliation and review/explain GL variances in a timely manner.
- Review accrual and re-class entries submitted by FP&A for accuracy and completeness
- Review and assess control environment within P2P space and recommend measures to improve them, wherever required.
- Ensure timely execution of assigned SOX controls.
- GRIR reporting
- Develop understanding of a range of P2P systems deployed within T-Mobile including the transactional flow through various systems to monitor and ensure accurate financial results.
- Solid understanding of ERP systems (SAP) including sub-modules.
- Train and promote understanding of departmental processes and tools amongst business stakeholders
- Responsible for supporting and driving assigned department goals and vision
- Strong foundation in accounting theory/policies
- Experience in procurement systems and practices in large companies preferred
- Knowledge of reporting tools such as Power BI / Tableau a plus
- Able to process large volumes of data, perform necessary analysis to identify problem areas
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; comfortable presenting to Accounting Leadership and other Sr. Management employees (Directors and VP's)
- Work experience in accounting and reporting systems such as SAP, BPC or Blackline, a plus
- Proficiency in MS office applications (Excel, Power Point)
- Self-motivated, positive work attitude and an eagerness to learn
- Strong organizational and time management skills including multi-tasking and prioritizing workload
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field; Master's degree a plus
- 5-7 years of relevant accounting experience
- 1-2 years of Project Management or consulting experience a plus
• At least 18 years of age
• Legally authorized to work in the United States
• High School Diploma or GED
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top