Accounting Manager - New Products and Offers
- Bellevue, WA
Accounting Manager - New Products and Offers
Do you want to take part in T-Mobile's latest innovation and lead a world class team that designs processes and system solutions for T-Mobile's new products, offers and business initiatives? Are you passionate about problem solving and collaborating in a dynamic environment? Are you with us?
The Accounting Manager - New Products and Offers is a leadership position within the Corporate Controller's organization, responsible for designing and implementing end-to-end accounting solutions for new T-Mobile products and offers, while ensuring the solutions are U.S. GAAP and IFRS compliant. This is a highly visible and impactful individual contributor role within Revenue Recognition, reporting to the Accounting Manager of New Products and Offers. This position will collaborate across the enterprise, including commercial, project management, technology, as well as accounting policy and accounting operational teams, and is responsible for assessing the impact of the new products/offers, services and other business initiatives, developing accounting requirements, and designing sustainable processes and accounting system solutions.
The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation in project management, system development, technical accounting, process and control frameworks with problem solving abilities and a track record of successfully implementing accounting and finance processes for new business initiatives. The successful candidate will represent the Accounting organization on enterprise projects and offers, lead the design of accounting solutions for new products offerings and other business initiatives including policy assessments, defining system and operational requirements, testing and implementation. The candidate should feel confident discussing and negotiating accountings needs, risks and implications in cross functional meetings, collaborating with a large group of stakeholders and working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Verbal and written communication skills are critical. Negotiation skills are required to balance the needs of accounting and other stakeholders. Requires competencies in customer focus, change and innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building and influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Lead accounting participation in new product or offer launches and other business initiatives - collaborate with enterprise teams to develop a strong understanding of new product offerings and business initiatives, assess accounting impacts, ensuring complete and timely submission to the offer or project teams.
- Identify accounting topics to address within the product/offer and business construct and vet the proper accounting treatment with the accounting policy team to ensure consistent application of T-Mobile accounting policies (both US GAAP and IFRS).
- Drive for sustainable system solutions for accounting considering the related financial impacts and transactional flows through active partnership and collaboration with business sponsors, accounting operations and technology teams.
- Develop end-to-end comprehensive accounting documentation for the new products, offers and business initiatives that would be used for implementation by accounting teams, financial reporting, SOX and financial audit.
- Identify and communicate issues or areas for process improvements regularly, drive for resolutions and implement best practices.
- Prepare materials for review with senior accounting leadership.
- Maintain the repository of the documentation, ensuring completeness under T-Mobile retention policy and SOX framework.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience required with 2 years of public accounting highly preferred.
- Wireless or retail industry experience preferred.
- Experience in developing and implementing scalable accounting systems and/or process automation.
- Possess strong understanding of application of revenue accounting standard; similar IFRS skills a plus.
- Strong understanding of revenue recognition and ASC 606 or willingness and ability to learn.
- Proven ability to make sound, fact-based decisions and recommendations.
- Proven ability to plan and manage multiple projects while meeting set deadlines of team deliverables.
- Proven ability to adapt and excel in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Effectively collaborates and communicates with all levels of management and cross-functional teams.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- CPA or Chartered Accountant highly preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Understanding of large-scale data mining and project reporting tools (Rally, Essbase, SQL, Tableau, Jira) is a plus
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top