As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comAccounting Manager - Financial Services Accounting
The accounting operations teams are responsible for ensuring that the financial results of T-Mobile are accurately presented to T-Mobile leadership under both US GAAP and IFRS. There are a variety of teams within accounting operations, each responsible for diverse areas of accounting, allowing for a variety of opportunities for professional growth and development across the teams. The various teams are responsible for areas such as corporate accounting, accounting policies, supply chain accounting, equipment sales accounting, revenue accounting, financial services accounting, and fixed asset accounting.
Accounting Manager Financial Services Accounting
The Financial Services team is seeking an Accounting Manager that will report to the Senior Manager of Financial Services Accounting overseeing the Credit Risk /ADA / Bad Debt Accounting and Factoring / Securitization Accounting. This role is a leadership role specifically responsible for managing projects and assessing business initiatives that impact T-Mobile's Securitization and Factoring transactions, as well as the EIP (Equipment Installment Plan) Loans, Lease, and Service Credit Risk/ADA/Bad Debt accounting. Additionally, this role will serve as a resource for managing team-wide initiatives, process improvements, and supporting operational close. The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation in technical and/or operational accounting, the ability to work with large volumes of data, experience with complex Excel models/analysis, and well-versed on assessing accounting impacts to enterprise-wide system integrations/implementations. This is a highly dynamic and growing area of T-Mobile's business; the ideal candidate would work well through ambiguity, thrive off of a changing environment, and possesses excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Deep understanding of business drivers and their effect on financial results required.
- Broad knowledge of accounting with strong leadership and decision-making skills.
- Ability to develop goals and the process by which to meet goals based on provided objectives.
- Proven professional with advanced understanding of accounting theory, current accounting issues, and accounting systems, with solid understanding of US GAAP and IFRS. SAP and BPC experience a plus.
- Effectively communicates with all levels of management and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to interact with peers and team members to gain cooperation amongst the teams to meet objectives.
- Ability to develop and conduct presentations of technical information related to projects or accounting issues.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to balance a large group of diverse projects simultaneously with excellent attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word required, and working knowledge of PowerPoint a plus.
- Ability to resolve complex problems positively and professionally.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA preferred. Masters preferred.
- 7+ years relevant accounting experience or 5+ years of public accounting experience with a regional or Big Four accounting firm.
- Project management skills and experience preferred.
- Financial services or wireless industry accounting experience preferred.
- Serve as a knowledgeable resource and SME to business partners representing the Financial Services Accounting team with regards to Credit Risk / ADA / Bad Debt Accounting and Factoring / Securitization Accounting.
- Exhibit a solid understanding of ERP systems including sub-modules, including the development, implementation and/or maintenance of multiple systems.
- Deep understanding of the transactional flow through various systems to monitor and ensure adequate controls and accurate financial results.
- Lead the team in enterprise projects to ensure appropriate requirements are developed based on a solid understanding of the impacted systems and the transactional flow, and ensures adequate testing is performed.
- Identify and communicate risks and issues impacting the financial area of responsibility to the appropriate team members and business partners.
- Suggest and implement solutions to improve efficiencies in work processes while also reducing risk.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Manage projects on behalf of the team through testing, deployment, and implementation.
- Serve as a resource to support the monthly operations of the team to ensure that the team's area of financial statement responsibility is in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top