Accountant - Supply Chain
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comAccountant Supply Chain
The accounting operations teams are responsible for ensuring that the financial results of T-Mobile are accurately presented to T-Mobile leadership under both US GAAP and IFRS. There are a variety of teams within accounting operations, each responsible for diverse areas of accounting, allowing for a variety of opportunities for professional growth and development across the teams. The various teams are responsible for areas such as corporate accounting, accounting policies, supply chain accounting, equipment sales accounting, revenue accounting and fixed asset accounting.
Knowledge & Technical Skills
- 2-3 years of relevant accounting experience.
- Solid understanding of accounting theory and accounting systems; SAP experience a plus.
- Able to perform analysis and reconciliations of diverse scope.
- Able to manipulate data from multiple systems.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word required. BW, Business Objects or SQL experience a plus.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Able to resolve problems positively and professionally.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and attention to detail skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, decision-making and analytical abilities.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field.
CPA preferredJob Duties & Responsibilities
- Uses accounting concepts, experience, analytical skills and knowledge of industry to resolve complex issues in effective ways.
- Proactively identify risks and areas of improvement and make recommendations.
- Understand business drivers and their effect on financial results to ensure business changes are accurately reflected in the financial statements and analysis.
- Participate in cross-departmental projects. Identify and communicate the impact of new programs or system changes on existing accounting processes.
- Responsible for recording journal entries, reconciling complex general ledger accounts, and identifying opportunities for improvement to existing processes and internal controls in the accounting processes, as well as provide SOX and Audit support as needed.
- Responsible for reconciling and researching variances general ledger accounts, this may include working with groups outside of accounting.
- Perform testing for changes being made to software or files.
- Preparation of various monthly reports for management; including variance analysis comparing actual results to forecast and to prior month; compose written commentary to explain variances.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top