Accountant - Corporate Accounting
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comAs America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, WA, T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 43 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
The accounting operations teams are responsible for ensuring that the financial results of T-Mobile are accurately presented to T-Mobile leadership under both US GAAP and IFRS. There are a variety of teams within accounting operations, each responsible for diverse areas of accounting, allowing for a variety of opportunities for professional growth and development across the teams. The various teams are responsible for areas such as corporate accounting, accounting policies, supply chain accounting, equipment sales accounting, revenue accounting and fixed asset accounting.
- Solid understanding of accounting theory and accounting systems.
- Able to manipulate data from multiple systems.
- Strong Excel skills required.
- SAP experience a plus.
- BW, Business Objects or SQL experience a plus.
- Blackline experience a plus, particularly the Matching module.
- Able to perform analysis and reconciliations of diverse scope.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Able to resolve problems positively and professionally.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, decision-making and analytical abilities.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- CPA preferred.
- 1-2 years of relevant accounting experience.
- Responsible for preparing journal entries, reconciling complex general ledger accounts, and identifying opportunities for improvement to existing processes and internal controls.
- Responsible for researching general ledger account variances (which may require working with teams outside of accounting) and comparing actual results to prior periods; compose written commentary to explain variances.
- Understand business drivers and their effect on financial results to ensure business changes are accurately reflected in the financial statements and analysis.
- Load and process monthly data files in Blackline Matching software; review and resolve issues.
- Use accounting concepts, experience, analytical skills and knowledge of industry to resolve complex issues in effective ways.
- Provide SOX and audit support as needed.
- Proactively identify risks and make recommendations.
- Participate in cross-departmental projects. Identify and communicate impact of new programs or system changes on existing accounting processes.
- Compile monthly and ad hoc reports for finance teams.
- Special projects as assigned.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top