As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comThe accounting operations teams are responsible for ensuring that the financial results of T-Mobile are accurately presented to T-Mobile leadership under both US GAAP and IFRS. There are a variety of teams within accounting operations, each responsible for diverse areas of accounting, allowing for a variety of opportunities for professional growth and development across the teams. The various teams are responsible for areas such as corporate accounting, accounting policies, supply chain accounting, equipment sales accounting, revenue accounting and fixed asset accounting.
Accountant, Fixed Assets
This position will report to the Accounting Manager and will also interact with Finance/Business partners across the Organization. The successful candidate for this role will also support the project lifecycle including analyzing costs for proper classification and project code maintenance. The ideal candidate will possess analytical and problem solving skills willing to work towards improving internal controls and processes.
- Strong foundation in accounting theory.
- Work experience in accounting and reporting systems such as SAP, SAP BPC or Blackline, a plus.
- Positive work attitude combined with an eagerness to learn.
- Attention to detail while understanding the big picture.
- Strong organizational and time management skills including multi-tasking and prioritizing workload.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Excel.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting.
1-3 years of relevant accounting experience with a large company preferred
- Review various engineering technology project costs, determine reclass journal entries as necessary, and settle costs to final assets
- Prepare allocation for capitalized labor entries
- Monitor in-service date validation for capital projects
- Analyze and explain monthly variances in assigned general ledger accounts
- Prepare assigned PBC's
- Meet all monthly close deadlines
- Prepare necessary SOX control documentation for review and approval by control owner
- Perform SOX control testing
- Provide necessary support for timely completion of financial audits.
- Communicate and resolve open issues with finance teams
- Proactively identify issues and process improvement opportunities; work with appropriate team members and partners in resolving or implementing them
- Assist team members and work on ad-hoc projects/requests as needed
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top