2018 TechX Internship - Development/IT
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com Technology powers everything we do at T-Mobile. It takes an army of project managers, web developers, and engineers, all working like a well-oiled machine. This is teamwork at its best with technical warriors bravely pushing the edges of the wireless frontier.
Are you interested in the cutting edge of technology? Are you willing to participate and share your creative ideas and perspectives? Do you want to gain useful real-world job experience while in school? If you answered yes, then our Technology Experience (TechX) Internship Program is for you!
TechX is a part-time (15-20 hours a week) internship for students currently enrolled in their junior or senior year of a full-time Undergraduate degree program, majoring in Engineering or other Technology related fields. The program is nine months, from October through June, during which you will gain experience working through different challenges and projects. You'll partner with the best senior technologists in the industry and even have the opportunity to rotate teams giving you exposure to a wide variety of technologies across our organization.
- Currently enrolled in your junior or senior year of a full-time undergraduate degree program majoring in Engineering or a related Technical field including: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Management Systems, and Information Technology
- Able to work 15 to 20 hours per week during regular daytime business hours (schedule will be flexible to accommodate classes and coursework)
- Ability to commute to T-Mobile's offices (relocation is not provided)
Recruiting for the 2018 TechX program takes place between March and September. We'll be visiting campuses across the country and attending national recruiting conferences in September through November. Candidate screening will begin in March. If we think you're a good fit for one of our roles, we'll contact you directly to discuss next steps. Interviews will start in late-March and all TechX roles will be filled by the end of September.
Un-carrier Technicians drive T-Mobile by delivering value into the product and enabling the optimal customer experience. As a Technician Intern you will have the opportunity to work in a variety of different roles including; Field, Switch and NOC Technician.
You'll work with our Senior Technicians to ensure that services are delivered successfully and maintain the best Network performance for our customers. You will be given the opportunity to develop and grow a variety of skill sets through continuous learning opportunities. Technicians are always looking to solve problems through creativity and innovation and by engaging in activities that improve the services we provide our customers. We are looking for candidates who are self-motivated, innovative, customer focused and interested in becoming part of the Un-carrier.
- Program duration: October 10, 2018 June 14, 2019 (or until graduation, whichever comes first)
- Available locations: Atlanta
- Work hours: Part-time (15-20 hours/week)
- Rotation: Interns may participate in an optional team rotation at the mid-point (February)
- Events: Interns are invited to participate in monthly social, leadership and networking events
- Work to identify day to day improvement opportunities.
- Provide technical support for your immediate team including; overseeing network performance and outage resolutions.
- Takes on tasks related to projects or portions of key projects / initiatives, providing accurate status and progress updates as requested.
- Work as part of a cross functional team to conduct routine surveillance and maintenance for all networks.
- Support the operations of the team by answering client calls and performing the support necessary.
Legally authorized to work in the United States.
High School Diploma or GED.
Pre-employment background screen.
Currently enrolled in a college or university We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top