2017 TechX Internship Program - DevOps Track (Parsippany, NJ)
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Technology powers everything we do at T-Mobile. It takes an army of project managers, web developers, and engineers, all working like a well-oiled machine. This is teamwork at its best with technical warriors bravely pushing the edges of the wireless frontier.
Are you interested in the cutting edge of technology? Are you willing to participate and share your creative ideas and perspectives? Do you want to gain useful real-world job experience while in school? If you answered yes, then our Technology Experience (TechX) Internship Program is for you!
TechX is a part-time (15-20 hours a week) internship for students currently enrolled in their senior year of a full-time Undergraduate degree program, majoring in Engineering or other Technology related fields. The program is nine months from October through May during which you will gain experience working through different challenges and projects. You’ll partner with the best senior technologists in the industry and even have the opportunity to rotate teams giving you exposure to a wide variety of technologies across our organization. Our DevOps track roles are located in Parsippany, NJ.
- Currently enrolled in your senior year of a full-time Undergraduate degree program majoring in Engineering or a related Technical field including: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Management Systems, and Information Technology
- Able to work 15 to 20 hours per week during regular daytime business hours (schedule will be flexible to accommodate classes and coursework)
- Ability to commute to T-Mobile’s offices in Parsippany, NJ(relocation is not provided)
- Authorization to work for any employer in the United States without sponsorship
Recruiting for the 2017 TechX program takes place from September 2016 through March 2017. We’ll be visiting campuses across the country and attending national recruiting conferences in September through November.Candidate screening will begin in January. If we think you’re a good fit for one of our roles, we’ll contact you directly to discuss next steps. Interviews will start to take place in late January and all TechX roles will be filled by the end of March.Un-carrier Delivery employs an agile DevOps model that drives T-Mobile’s bottom line by delivering value to the business. As part of a Un-carrier Delivery DevOps team you will help drive value into the product and enable innovation and simplified solutions.
As a TechX DevOps Interns you will use and learn a large variety of different technologies and integrate new technologies as well. You’ll be involved with creating and maintaining many different processes in an environment where you are constantly learning and solving problems. DevOps is one of the few roles where you see a product go from creation to production, which allows you to work closely with your team and cross-functionally with people from other fields, within your product, giving you greater visibility throughout T-Mobile.
TechX DevOps Interns have the opportunity to work in a variety of different roles including Product Owner, Architect, Dev Test, App Ops and Development. We are looking for candidates who are innovative, customer focused and interested in becoming part of the Un-carrier.
- Uses your knowledge of programming to automate day-day operational tasks, deployments and monitoring tasks applications and platforms
- Participates in creating, developing & managing the deployment architecture for applications and platforms
- Implement monitoring, dashboards, escalations and alerts
- Developing and driving incident management processes, playbooks and stakeholder communication mechanisms
- Driving root cause analysis (RCA) and risk management processes
- Driving ongoing improvements and efficiency in operational practices, tools and processes
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top