We believe in the power of creativity: creativity that makes people think, feel, and then act.
Creativity brimming with bravery and vision, heart and humor, imagination and truth.
We believe that brands should stand for more than what they’re selling.
With culture as our playground and emotion as our craft, we help our clients
change minds, win hearts, and create memories.
We believe that good people are the key to creating great work. Our halls are filled
with passionate thinkers and makers, seasoned experts and rising stars, who unleash
each other’s brilliance and celebrate every win as a team.
Together, we bring ideas from the page into the world, ideas that are so audacious, so original,
so meaningful that they couldn’t come from you or me - only we.
WE ARE TMA. CREATIVITY THAT MATTERS.
TMA is looking for a Marketing Analyst, Impact Strategy to join our agency in Chicago, IL. This role will report directly to the Sr. Director, Impact Strategy. The candidate will be expert in understanding the right tools, resources and questions to create and validate hypothesis as to what is going on with creative, campaigns, media, and our competition. This person will be able to go beyond the ask and answer the need making recommendations to senior management based on marshaling and aligning the right resources, both internal and external to answer marketing problems. This role will analyze, inform and inspire our integrated creative product.
You’re a team player, a go-getter, and a collaborator. You have an inquisitive mind and a desire to understand the tools we use to glean insights. You ask a lot of questions and have a desire to test and push boundaries. You are a self-starter who finds the best, and sometimes new ways, to answer specific needs – who knows that data is only as good as the story.
- Create reporting content and protocols that capitalizes on the investigative process and analyzes data to form high level actionable recommendations to leadership.
- Develop hypotheses based on analyses of multiple data sources – from secondary to primary inputs and advising leadership on appropriate plans of action.
- Partner with our media agency to leverage insights and tools from a creative and analytics perspective contributing to agency Points of View and recommendations.
- Measure and analyze influencer, TV and audio social media and creative performance, delivering insights and recommendations to creative, account and client teams
- Collaborate with cross-discipline leads in Creative, Consumer Strategy, Account Services and Planning to develop creative and audience testing solutions
- Track and analyze social listening activities to translate social sentiment/listening into ideas, actionable insights and strategy
- Benchmark and research competitor and industry leaders in social media. Constantly explore and evaluate new social platforms, tools, services and vendors and provide recommendations for optimization and growth to Director and cross-discipline leads
- Utilize business intelligence and visualization tools to construct marketing performance analysis
- Provide analytic supports for key business activities (strategic initiatives, campaigns design, customer segmentation strategy, etc.) including data mining, analysis, and presentations
- Bachelor’s degree with industry emphasis or related experience.
- 2+ years of experience in consumer marketing, market, and metrics for consumer-facing brands. Agency experience is a plus.
- Self-motivated and able to creatively and strategically solve multiple problems at once, under quick deadlines.
- Analytical skills and prior hands-on experience working with business intelligence software in a partial or complete web-based Client reporting environment.
- Working knowledge of panel and syndicated data such as Simmons, YouGov or other leading platforms.
- Basic knowledge of social media metrics and third-party reporting tools such as Brandwatch, Netbase, Radian6 or other leading platforms.
- Basic knowledge of research and trend sources such as Mintel, Gartner, Stylus, eMarketer, Global Web Index, etc.
- Strong knowledge and comfort with Tableau or data visualization tools
- Advanced Excel is a must. Candidate must have experience working with large data, reporting databases, and have the ability to sort, analyze, import, export, clean data, work with pivot tables, know how to do V and H lookups, etc.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft suite of products.
TMA Perks & Benefits:
- Continuous training, educational programs, speaker series and workshops
- Culture events throughout the year (just virtually now!)
- Communities to connect with:
- TMACares (Volunteering)
- DiscoverTMA (Furthering diversity and inclusion)
- TMA Women’s Initiative (Fostering the growth and achievements of women)
- Wellness Group (Helping to improve the mental, physical and emotional wellbeing of employees)
- Competitive vacation plan, sick days and personal days to prioritize your mental health
- Summer Flex Fridays
- Robust holiday schedule
- Parental leave
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan