Technical Support Engineer - Tier 2
Senior Technical Support Engineer - Tier 2
We are seeking experienced Senior Technical Support Engineers for our Technical Support Organization based in San Diego. Are you an experienced in POS integration technologies for cloud-based platforms and mobile ordering systems? Speak Java, RedHat, SQL, SPLUNK? Like to play with mobile apps with debug on? This is no ordinary product, team or customer support job. We serve a global community representing some of the largest brands in the world.
TILLSTER, INC is committed to investing in the success of both our customer and partners. Successful candidates will be an organized professional with a can-do, whatever-it-takes attitude. If that is you, we would love for you to apply today!
** Occasional travel to customer sites may be required.
- Provide support for all Tillster product suite and its underlying technologies to support to customers in a wide variety of industries.
- Review escalated CASE problem logs, identifying recurring problems and keep customer updated on issue status.
- Communication skills with an ability to articulate technical concepts accurately and concisely to a wide variety of audiences including team members, technologists, executives, and customers.
- Provide assistance with troubleshooting, diagnostic path and knowledgebase development and coaching to support team members.
- Assist and support introduction of new product integration efforts and team training.
- Work through escalated support CASEs and collaborate with Engineering and other teams to prioritize, resolve customer issues.
- Provide reports and document status of projects and open issues on a weekly basis.
- Work with product development to assess product alterations, contribute to long-term solutions, & improve design quality and product performance and tools.
- Communicate requirements regarding product defects, enhancements, administrative and support tools.
- Ability to be available for a 7x24 on-call rotation or 3rd shift to support international customers.
- 5+ years of technology support and customer service experience in an escalation support role
- 3+ years of experience troubleshooting Internet Technologies such as JMS, Tomcat, Apache Web Servers, and Linux, Windows Platforms
- Fluent verbal and written Metropolitan French
- Strong technical and analytical skills experience with troubleshooting TCP/IP Network and wireless solutions (Wireshark a plus)
- Database (SQL, RDBMS) knowledge and experience; Microsoft COM, SQL scriptingPREFERRED SKILLS:
- Experience with Salesforce.com experience or similar CRM platform experience a plus
- Project management experience a plus
- Bilingual in Spanish and English a plus
- POS Interface, configuration management and support experience (such as Micros, Xpient, Par, Sicom, Aloha/Radiant platforms) is a plus
Meet Some of Tillster's Employees
Senior Director, Strategic Accounts
Ken oversees Tillster’s strategic accounts, helping his clients achieve continued success. He ensures that business customers enjoy and get the most out of the Tillster technology.
Back to top