Technical Program Lead
Technical Program Lead
Location: San Diego, CA 92121
Tillster seeks a Technical Program Lead to join its team, managing moderately complex technical and technology-centric programs and projects. These programs are market- and customer- centric, and involve the delivery of technology solutions globally. You will work cross-functionally with Product, Sales, Account Management, Marketing, Engineering, Technology Analysis & Documentation, Technical Support, and other teams, documenting and reporting program scope, deliverables, timeliness, critical paths, change control, and proactively engage in risk mitigation. You will liaise with internal program/project executive sponsors, and other stakeholders. Currently, minimal direct customer engagement is involved, but will expand over time.
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate 5+ years’ experience in a technical, software engineering-centric, program/project lead role. You are self-disciplined, highly self-motivated, communicative, precise and factual, demonstrate adherence to commitments, and appreciate responsibility and accountability. You are personable, demonstrating commitment to best practices and customer satisfaction.
- Manage a high volume of fast-paced concurrent projects to successful delivery (on time, high quality, meeting requirements, and achieving stated business and technical outcomes)
- Set and meet deadlines with quality deliverables, effectively adapting and modifying plans based on changing data or conditions
- Conduct daily project stand-up meetings, collect and disseminate information to functional teams and stake holders
- Drive cross-functional team deliverables and schedules, hitting target milestones and managing assigned programs/projects according to plan
- Ownership and accountability of accurate and timely project planning, management, coordination, tracking and reporting
- Track open issues and risks and effectively negotiate to impact decisions and trade-offs and to guide issues within internal groups to resolution. Holds project team
- members accountable for their commitments, milestones, resources, and deliverables
- Anticipate, identify, document, and manage key project and program risks, proposing appropriate mitigation and contingency plans
- Identify cross-functional dependencies, track, and report on their progress. Propose workable solutions to problems by analyzing business trade-offs among alternatives, and uses objective judgment and influence to formulate and drive constructive debate and decision making on recommendations
- Document and communicate status, issues, and risks in a timely manner to stakeholders and senior management
- Ensure that the appropriate documents exist and are broadly communicated to drive shared vision among the project teams
- Create clearly understandable and actionable success criteria, objectives, and requirements and communicates them to the team. Conducts team meetings to update status, and identify and resolve issues.
- Use effective verbal and written communication skills to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization, as well as with internal and external customers.
- Client engagement duties as required or directed
- Other duties as required or directed
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or closely related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a technical program/project lead role
- Success working in an Agile/SCRUM environment required
- Demonstrated success collaborating with software engineering teams in the delivery of e-commerce software solutions
- Excellent communication and influencing skills; demonstrated success building buy-in
- Technical and technological aptitude – comfort and confidence understanding and discussing architectural concepts, creating innovative and user-friendly e-commerce software applications and consumer-facing interfaces, features and functionality
- Flexible, adaptable; comfort with ambiguity and responding factually, accurately, quickly to rapidly evolving risks and opportunities
- Strong bias for action; ability to successfully juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Eagerness and willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team/program/project and customer goals
Tillster is the global leader in digital ordering and customer engagement solutions. For over a decade we’ve developed revolutionary self-service, ordering and payments solutions – for mobile, tablet, online, kiosk, call center, and more – creating personalized interactions based on consumer preferences, language, and currency. Our platform is compatible with 15+ unique POS systems, representing over 90% coverage in multi-unit restaurants. We offer one platform; one scalable, enterprise class solution – to create world-class digital engagement solutions.
Tillster is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer
Local Candidates Strongly Preferred
Relocation Assistance Considered
No visa sponsorship
Principals only – no Agencies or calls please
Meet Some of Tillster's Employees
Senior Director, Strategic Accounts
Ken oversees Tillster’s strategic accounts, helping his clients achieve continued success. He ensures that business customers enjoy and get the most out of the Tillster technology.
Back to top