Senior Windows DevOps Engineer
Senior Windows DevOps Engineer
(San Diego, CA 92121)
As a senior member of the Dev/Ops team you will apply your talents to mentor more junior engineers and help build the tooling used in software deployments, monitoring and cloud infrastructure that powers online ordering, payments & loyalty programs for many of the largest brands in the quick service and casual dining industry. Your creativity and skills will directly support a platform that processes millions of transactions for Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, Burger King, KFC, Dominos, and others as we scale globally.
You’ll be depended upon to provide innovative approaches to configuration management and continuous deployment. This is a role that demands a motivated & self-directed engineer who is ready to embrace challenges and solves problems large or small with the big picture in mind while being highly detailed in execution and follow-through; communicates effective verbally and in writing; and, pushes fellow team members to think about problems and solutions in new ways.
Down in the weeds…
- Manage multiple globally deployed remote Windows Endpoints through Microsoft’s System Center Configuration Manager.
- Build, monitor and scale our infrastructure during a period of rapid growth
- Tackle complex infrastructure challenges with creative automation and configuration management solutions
- Build and support application environments that are deeply integrated with AWS
- Build custom tools and instrumentation to ensure service availability
- Maintain and manage release and development branches within our code repository to ensure consistency of code check-ins and applicability of related branches
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with engineering and quality teams to manage their daily build/automation requirements
- Help improve and expand the coverage of deployment automation
- Implement custom monitoring across the entire application stack, including 3rd party APIs and Point of Sale systems
- Work with partners and vendors on technical improvements and fixes
- Constantly research new technology and techniques that will benefit the team, the company, and its clients
- Mentor more junior team members to grow their skillsets
- You have experience managing multiple remote Windows based endpoints through Microsoft’s SCCM application for software deployments, patch management a system configuration.
- You are comfortable working in AWS and understand the unique performance and operational characteristics of applications that run there
- You think of infrastructure as code
- You can creatively solve complex customer or internal business requirements
- You’re capable of scripting or automating your way through challenges that span multiple systems and environments
- You understand how crippling technical debt can be and you’re guided by an unwavering desire to avoid it
- You are experienced in Ruby, Python, Bash and you can demonstrate advanced expertise in at least one of these languages
- You understand performance tuning concepts and how they apply to high-traffic web & mobile application environments
- By habit, you track and document your work with tools like JIRA & Confluence and you communicate frequently via HipChat & email
- BSCS or similar field degree is required.
Technologies used, and you have hands-on experience with…
The more hands-on experience you have with the following technologies the better, and where you don’t have it all, you’ll be able to discuss it intelligently and put new learnings into action:
- Windows – having advanced system administration skills is a requirement
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager administration skills is a requirement
- Amazon Web Services – we make heavy use of Multi-AZ VPCs, ELB, RDS, S3, and CloudFront and we automatically provision entire environments using tools like Terraform
- Jenkins – we use it for CI, builds, and deployment
- Centralized logging tools such as Splunk, Logstash, Graylog, Scribe, Fluentd
- Metrics collection using Graphite, Statsd, New Relic, collectd, Boundary, Datadog, etc.
- HTTP servers and load balancers such as Nginx, Apache, Tomcat, HAProxy, F5
- Monitoring tools such as AppDynamics, Newrelic, cloudwatch, nodeping
- Lamp configuration and troubleshooting
Around the corner and around the globe, Tillster simplifies digital ordering, improves customer engagement and grows sales. For more than a decade, we’ve helped turn guests into regulars. Our award-winning technologies have transformed the casual dining and quick service restaurant industries – and made us the global leader in this space.
Our mission and passion are one and the same: Empower restaurants and consumers to engage and transact anywhere, anytime, and from any device – one consumer at a time, one order at a time, billions of times over.
Tillster is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer
Local Candidates Strongly Preferred
Relocation Assistance Considered
No visa sponsorship
Principals only – no Agencies or calls please
Meet Some of Tillster's Employees
Senior Software Engineer, Front-end
Jason ensures that the quality and organization of the company’s code base is consistent. He also works to improve the usability and stability of Tillster’s web applications.
Back to top