Senior Back End Java Software Engineer
Senior Java Back End Software Engineer
West Los Angeles, CA
We are looking for experienced Back-End Java Developers who are motivated to build easy-to-use and reusable services.
Tillster is the global leader in digital ordering and customer engagement solutions. We offer one platform; one scalable, enterprise class solution – to create world-class digital engagement solutions. You will be part of a technology playground offering a fun, collaborative environment where ownership, problem solving, and teamwork are rewarded. See more about the TILLSTER company and culture here: Tillster Muse profile
What you will be doing:
- With a focus on Point-of-Sale you will be developing web applications, services and integrating different enterprise applications in a scalable and reusable manner.
- Utilizing application servers, such as Tomcat in order to implement the proposed solution.
- Utilizing various application integration techniques to communicate with third party and legacy/back-end systems.
What you need for this position:
- 9+ years’ experience in design and development of service-oriented Java applications
- Design and develop reusable libraries and APIs
- Design and develop scalable web-services using Restful services
- Java technologies: Core Java, Collections, Servlets, JDBC, JMS, JSON, JUNIT
- Other Framework/Technologies: Apache CXF, JPA, Hibernate, Spring, Git, Java Executor
- JVM Semantics/ Knowledge in Garbage Collection, Performance tuning and Multithreading
- Application Server (such as Tomcat) experience and Web Server (Apache) knowledge
- MySql database experience including transaction management, SQL programming, schema design
- Relevant O/S knowledge (Linux/Unix and Windows), Networking knowledge and experience
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, with good verbal and written skills. Agile/Scrum experience
- Previous experience with Point-of-Sale development is a plus but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or similar)
Tillster is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer
Local Candidates Strongly Preferred
Relocation Assistance Considered
No visa sponsorship
Principals only – no Agencies or calls please
Meet Some of Tillster's Employees
Senior Director, Strategic Accounts
Ken oversees Tillster’s strategic accounts, helping his clients achieve continued success. He ensures that business customers enjoy and get the most out of the Tillster technology.
Back to top