IT SECURITY ENGINEER
IT SECURITY ENGINEER
(San Diego, CA 92121)
Create security strategy, architecture and implement appropriate security controls for Tillster. Manage the plan and tasks to administer the Tillster IT Security program. Interface with various leaders and engineers to drive the resolution of vulnerabilities, education and compliance with the Tillster IT Security program.
Down in the weeds…
- Responsible for application systems security and tools including virus protection, technical asset management, user authentication, and intrusion prevention and detection. Acts as a contributor in defining system security and functionality for other business system applications. Conducts vulnerability threat assessments on existing and planned application systems and develops action plans to mitigate security gaps.
- Provides technical leadership, expertise and direction working with development, operations, account management and technical staff for design and implementation of information technology security systems.
- Manages information security risk assessments of company-wide enterprise computer systems.
- Develops strategy for propagating, maintaining, and measuring compliance against security policies, standards, and guidelines district-wide.
- Evaluates and responds to global information technology security threats in relation to local systems.
- Coordinates and documents the secure operation of company-wide technology systems; develops best technical practices for securing enterprise wide data and information systems.
- Assists the management staff in long range planning and development of information technology security strategies, systems, architecture, and policies.
- Proactively monitors security levels of information technology systems district-wide and establishes baseline security models.
- Works with external law enforcement, management, Human Resources and Public Safety as necessary to provide technical expertise concerning information technology security incidents
- Documentation as needed
- Work experience managing information security in a software development, Cloud hosted, and Web E-commerce environments; or other equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge
- Knowledge of firewalls, intrusion detection systems, penetration testing, and other IT security related tools
- Experience with driving compliance to PCI/DSS 3.1
- CSSP, CCSP, CISSP, Security + or similar certification required
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong customer service skills, including ability to listen, interpret and explain computer related concepts in non-technical terms
- Desire to multitask and solve problems efficiently and quickly
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
Tillster is the global leader in digital ordering and customer engagement solutions. For over a decade we’ve developed revolutionary self-service, ordering and payments solutions – for mobile, tablet, online, kiosk, call center, and more – creating personalized interactions based on consumer preferences, language, and currency. Our platform is compatible with 15+ unique POS systems, representing over 90% coverage in multi-unit restaurants. We offer one platform; one scalable, enterprise class solution – to create world-class digital engagement solutions.
Tillster is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer
Local Candidates Strongly Preferred
Relocation Assistance Considered
No Visa Sponsorship
Principals only – no Agencies or calls please
Meet Some of Tillster's Employees
Senior Director, Strategic Accounts
Ken oversees Tillster’s strategic accounts, helping his clients achieve continued success. He ensures that business customers enjoy and get the most out of the Tillster technology.
Back to top