Fullstack Software Engineer (Mid-Senior)
Full Stack Software Engineer (Mid-Senior)
(Los Angeles, CA 90064; and, San Diego, CA 92121)
Tillster’s software engineering team is seeking passionate, highly-motivated and visionary mid, and senior level FullStack Software Engineers to join our growing team. We expect you to have a solid 2+ years software development/engineering experience in a professional, compensated environment (This does NOT include educational projects nor internships).
You will be engaged in hands-on coding of ecommerce ordering and payments solutions for online and mobile (native iOS and Android) applications, deployed globally among the world’s prominent food tech, quick service restaurants, and fast casual brands.
You will collaborate with product, project management, software architecture & engineering, software-in-test, technical store support, menu services, analytics and data science, marketing, creative, sales, and account management – to ideate on current and next generation solutions meeting business and customer requirements. The ideal candidate has experience with Python, Ruby, Java, and Django Framework and Django Management Commands); and, you have developed for cloud computing (i.e. AWS). Solid experience with Java/J2EE is required.
Down in the weeds…
- You are highly-motivated and thrive in an environment where complex business and technology challenges excite you, and propel you to identifying quality, timely and market-ready robust solutions
- Enjoy engaging in passionate discussions with smart people and letting the best ideas rise to the top
- Develop best-in-class applications following best practices of accessibility, internationalization, localization, test-driven development
- Partner closely across teams in and outside of software engineering to develop amazing consumer experiences
- Deliver code in dev ops environment, demonstrating personal and professional pride in your crafts(wo)manship and that of your team
- Actively participate in code reviews, delivering code in an agile team environment
- You are motivated to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects
- Demonstrated passion for user experience design and improving usability
- Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
- Good diagnostic and debugging sense, the ability to find a needle in a haystack (or a bug in a program stack.)
- Must be a team player with excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Bachelor’s degree – preferably in computer science or closely related field
The tech stuff…
- You have experience developing consumer facing applications using one or more of Java based stacks such as Spring, Play, etc.
- Strong understanding of CS fundamentals, Object Oriented Design and Data Structures
- Genuinely excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning and playing with the latest technologies
- Working knowledge of MySQL, JAX-RS and tools like Maven
- Working knowledge of TDD methodology, and related technologies (i.e. Junit, Jasmine, Karma)
- Have experience in basic cross browser support, caching and optimization techniques (sprite, minify, gzip, data uri) for faster page load times
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Experience translating design mockups and prototypes into working application designs
- Experience with REST based APIs and RESTful web services
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Perl, PHP, Ruby, or Unix shell scripting
- Have developed or supported an operationally critical web service
- Continuous Integration and Deployment (Jenkins CI, Fabric)
- Exposure to any Source Code Management (Git, GitHub)
- Analyzing logs and optimizing system performance and security
Tillster is the global leader in digital ordering and customer engagement solutions. For over a decade we’ve developed revolutionary self-service, ordering and payments solutions – for mobile, tablet, online, kiosk, call center, and more – creating personalized interactions based on consumer preferences, language, and currency. Our platform is compatible with 15+ unique POS systems, representing over 90% coverage in multi-unit restaurants. We offer one platform; one scalable, enterprise class solution – to create world-class digital engagement solutions. For more information, see http://www.tillster.com.
Tillster is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer
Local Candidates Strongly Preferred
Relocation Assistance Considered
Visa transfer will be considered
Principals only – no Agencies or calls please
Meet Some of Tillster's Employees
Senior Director, Strategic Accounts
Ken oversees Tillster’s strategic accounts, helping his clients achieve continued success. He ensures that business customers enjoy and get the most out of the Tillster technology.
Back to top