Team Lead/Manager - Front End Development
Team Lead/Manager Front End Development
Location: West Los Angeles, CA
These are large and complex applications, so we are looking for someone who has worked on major consumer applications in a UI Lead capacity in the past. You should be able to cite your URLs and previous work.
You will be a minimum of 50% hands-on and manage multiple concurrent projects while being the resident technical Guru, working to make sure that deliverables meet the overall vision. You will direct an existing team of smart, driven developers that is growing quickly. This role is a totally hands-on Team Lead/Manager position. Strong on Technology and lite on Management?.... Lets talk. We can help you hone your management skills.
This is a very cool company and casual unstructured environment. You MUST be a self-starter to succeed in this role. No one is going to look over your shoulder each day, but that means you can't get behind. You must be driven! This is a really fun place to work and very interesting subject matter and technology. Your colleagues are bright, driven and all work towards a common goal. Excellent benefits, and perks, as well as good work/life balance for those who can handle the entrepreneurial environment.
Our clients include leading brands and digital innovators in the QSR industry such as Burger King, Pizza Hut, KFC, Taco Bell, California Pizza Kitchen and over 40 of the largest brands in the restaurant space domestically and globally. We are looking for a full-time Manager – Front End Development with an appreciation for pixel-perfect creative implementation and intuitive interaction. Maybe pondering how best to implement a responsive grid keeps you up at night. Or maybe you prefer SASS over LESS, or you've never gone back to adding extra CSS classes once you discovered pseudo-classes. Maybe the first application you load up when your computer starts is Sublime Text. And while you may not love them, you know the in's and out's of CSS generators.
If this sounds like you, we would like to have a conversation.
- This is a hands on Team Lead/Manager position with a fast growing team of engineers.
- Translates the client’s business requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs for very large complex solutions and integrating architecture
- Drives the creation of architecture and high-level design artifacts necessary for the implementation work being done by the Data Abstraction & Marketing teams
- Conduct meetings and correspond with source systems’ to ascertain technical requirements and finalize data model
- Documents workflows and results of business analysis and obtains sign-off from internal client on the specifications
- Oversees multiple projects simultaneously and meeting strict deadlines for each
- Develop innovative solutions that not only meet functionality requirements but meet performance, scalability and reliability requirements while adhering to implementation schedules, development principles and product goals
- Help define product requirements, estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, rollout system changes and evaluate product performance
- Identify and advocate designs, methods, or protocols as industry standards, and be influential in successfully establishing new standards
- Influence the business strategy for product line by articulating key design or technology issues and building understanding among executive decision makers
- Resolve difficult technical issues, remove obstacles for teams and help the projects to move forward on schedule
- Conduct research into new tools and technology that is used to make visible improvements in feature areas
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- The ideal candidate must have a degree in Computer Science or related field and significant work experience
- The ideal candidate should have minimum 2 years’ experience Managing a team of Software Developers onshore and offshore
- The ideal candidate must have strong front end development experience with HTML5, and CSS
- The ideal candidate must have experience with one or more core JS libraries, such as jQuery or Prototype
- The ideal candidate must have experience with template libraries
- Must have experience with setup and maintenance of development environment
- Must have an indepth understanding of JSON and RESTful web services
- Must have an understanding of debugging through application layer to the backend
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED:
- Experience with version control (Git is preferred)
- Experience with continuous delivery
- Experience with SOA (Service-Oriented Architecture)
- Responsive Design experience
- Experience with analytics libraries such as Site Catalyst and Test ‘n Target
- Experience with Vagrant, NGINX and other development tools
- Large scale consumer facing website experience is a huge plus
- Experience in an Agile development environment
- Experience in iterative development process
You may not know Tillster, but you know the brands we work with – Burger King, Pizza Hut, KFC, Taco Bell, California Pizza Kitchen and over 40 of the largest brands in the restaurant space domestically and globally. We develop the tools and services to help them create personalized relationships with their guests and keep them returning, buying more and feeling engaged. When you consider how many times people touch these brands daily, you have a keen understanding of the vast amounts of data we engage with and the opportunity to provide meaningful insights to drive real change for these brands and the restaurant space overall. In fact no one, touches more guests, across more global brands than we do.
As a Tillster employee you will be entering an exciting growth stage company with US offices in San Diego, CA, Los Angeles, CA and Atlanta, GA and world class, global customers throughout North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
We offer the opportunity to work with talented, solutions oriented colleagues, cutting edge technology, data and consumer experiences, some of the world’s most admired brands, and to create positive disruption in huge market – a $683B industry in the US and a global foodservice market place projected to grow from $2.6T worldwide sales in 2012 to $3.4 trillion by 2017.
We offer competitive salaries, pre-IPO equity, Fortune 500 level benefits and the opportunity to grow, contribute and drive results. We will be happy to consider you as a new addition to our growing team.
Please visit our website at http://www.Tillster.com
“Welcome to Tillster. Tillster is the global leader in customer engagement programs and self-service ordering for the quick service restaurant and casual dining industries. The company provides multi-channel, market-specific digital solutions for ordering, payment, loyalty and lifecycle management that integrate across online, mobile, tablet, kiosk and call center platforms.”
Back to top