Director Product Development
Director Product Development
Location: Los Angeles, CA
As a Director, Product Development for our on-prem ordering product, you will lead product research, strategy, information architecture development and interaction design to create simple, easy to use products that provide exceptional in-store experience. You will manage multiple projects through all stages of development: from incubation to final production, & delivery and are responsible for overall quality, innovation and creative vision.
About the role:
- Collaborates with sales, marketing, customer success, strategic product management, technical product management, business development and other departments to determine competitiveness of new technologies and to develop new products.
- Maintains knowledge of current and emerging trends in the industry, including all relevant areas of fast-casual restaurant industry and all relevant areas of the dining industry that might be incorporated as new technologies into future features.
- Lead new product initiatives and manage planning through initial launch and hand-off to Tillsters onboarding and support teams.
- Coordinate market intelligence through strong working relationships with the data analytics, marketing and sales team.
- Establishes strong cross-functional partnerships to drive product from concept to launch. Oversees cross-functional team throughout each step of the development process in collaboration with a project manager.
- Participate in strategic teams across the company.
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, product management, business strategists and software developers.
- Manage story creation, sprint groom and sprint planning activities related to the product development roadmap as well as sustaining activities related to this product.
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production.
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- 8+ years experience with hands-on product design for software development; previous experience in restaurant industry a plus.
- Has lead and managed global complex product development and deployment activities that encompass product hardware design through procurement as well as software development for said product line.
- In depth knowledge of experience and interaction design processes and methodology, across a wide variety of ecosystems and platforms.
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Inspiring, open minded, hard-working, collaborative and passionate
- MS/MBA preferred
Back to top