Sr. iOS Software Engineer (San Mateo or Vancouver)
- San Mateo, CA
We’re looking for open-minded individuals who want to expand the ways technology can help people. We work fast, collaborate, and celebrate as a team. We’re united by a commitment to shaping Tile’s culture around the needs of our colleagues and customers, and by our desire to build a diverse and welcoming workplace.
At Tile, we’re building a world where everything that matters can be found. Our services help people find millions of lost belongings every day. Now, we’re exploring new ways to ensure peace of mind. The Tile subscription provides reassurance for the long-haul. And we’re expanding our reach through major partnerships, bringing Tile technology to everything from headphones to travel gear. There are countless ways to use a Tile. We face a striking range of opportunities. But we abide by a simple creed: Together we find.
Our small but mighty team pioneered the idea of the finder, and our leaders draw on their deep experience defining and growing new markets. We’re united by a commitment to shaping Tile’s culture around the needs of our colleagues and customers, and by our desire to build a diverse and welcoming workplace for future Tilers of all stripes. We designed our values together, and now they inform everything we do—from hiring and performance reviews to product decisions and partnerships. We’re proud of our Great Place to Work certification and proud to have support from Bessemer Venture Partners, GGV Capital, and Francisco Partners.
About the role
Tile is building the world’s largest real-time finding network. Our Mobile team is growing to keep up with demand for our products and new partnerships. The team is looking for iOS Software Engineers to be significant contributors in the evolution of our 4+ star Tile iOS app. You’ll work closely with UX, product management, and other teams to conceive, design, and create unique mobile capabilities. You are an iOS practitioner who is passionate about building high-quality apps, are current on emerging mobile technologies and are driven to innovate. Come join the team of mobile developers who are creating awesome apps to help people locate their belongings.
- Software developer with a strong proficiency in native iOS development
- Contributes on significant company products with high visibility
- Innovate, implement and release our iOS application supporting millions of users
- Collaborate with Product Management, UX Designers, Backend and Firmware developers to create an exceptional mobile experience
- Become an expert on Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) for iOS (if you are already a BLE expert, even better!)
- Independent worker who takes ownership and pride in the quality of the Tile Application
- Design and update the Tile app unit tests for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 3+ years of iOS development experience
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Understanding of the mobile development and release process
- Programming experience in Swift, Objective-C
- One or more deployed consumer iOS applications
- Familiar with using REST APIs
- Knowledge of Core BLE, Core Location, Core Data is a plus
- Implementing app metrics for analysis and product improvements is a plus
- Experience working with a mix of embedded, mobile and server tech is a big plus
- Own equity in the company - every employee is a stakeholder in our future
- Work with an adept team of people who love what they do
- Flexible work program
- Comprehensive health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, and pre-tax commuter deduction
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top