Sr. Android Software Engineer (San Mateo or Vancouver)
- San Mateo, CA
We’re looking for open-minded individuals who want to expand the ways technology can help people. We work fast, collaborate, and celebrate as a team. We’re united by a commitment to shaping Tile’s culture around the needs of our colleagues and customers, and by our desire to build a diverse and welcoming workplace.
At Tile, we’re building a world where everything that matters can be found. Our services help people find millions of lost belongings every day. Now, we’re exploring new ways to ensure peace of mind. The Tile subscription provides reassurance for the long-haul. And we’re expanding our reach through major partnerships, bringing Tile technology to everything from headphones to travel gear. There are countless ways to use a Tile. We face a striking range of opportunities. But we abide by a simple creed: Together we find.
Our small but mighty team pioneered the idea of the finder, and our leaders draw on their deep experience defining and growing new markets. We’re united by a commitment to shaping Tile’s culture around the needs of our colleagues and customers, and by our desire to build a diverse and welcoming workplace for future Tilers of all stripes. We designed our values together, and now they inform everything we do—from hiring and performance reviews to product decisions and partnerships. We’re proud of our Great Place to Work certification and proud to have support from Bessemer Venture Partners, GGV Capital, and Francisco Partners.
About the role
Tile is building the world’s largest real-time finding network. Our Mobile team is growing to keep up with demand for our products and new partnerships. The team is looking for an Android Principal Software Engineer to drive the evolution of our 4+ star Tile Android app. You’ll work closely with UX, product management, and other teams to conceive, design, and create unique mobile capabilities. You are passionate about building high quality apps and are driven to innovate. Come join the team of mobile developers who are creating awesome apps to help people locate their belongings.
- An Android expert providing technical leadership to a team of brilliant developers
- Skillfully architect and build new feature code that is easy to maintain and extend
- A catalyst of innovation - experiment and introduce new feature development
- A self initiator who takes on and succeeds at challenging assignments
- Establish, refine, encourage and educate Engineering Best Practices
- Implement and release our Android application supporting millions of users
- Collaborate with members of our mobile and engineering teams to create new features and improve existing functionality
- Leverage strong communication skills to create technical blogs and presentations
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 5+ years of Android development experience, 10+ years as an engineer
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Extensive, in-depth knowledge across several areas of Android development
- Programming experience in Kotlin, Java
- Familiar with using REST APIs
- Knowledge of Core BLE, Core Location, Core Data is a plus.
- Implementing app metrics for analysis and product improvements is a plus
- Experience working with a mix of embedded, mobile and server tech is a big plus
- Own equity in the company - every employee is a stakeholder in our future
- Work with an adept team of people who love what they do
- Flexible work program
- LinkedIn Learning and other learning opportunities
- Comprehensive health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, and pre-tax commuter deduction
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top