Revenue Manager (Remote)
- San Mateo, CA
We’re looking for open-minded individuals who want to expand the ways technology can help people. We work fast, collaborate, and celebrate as a team. We’re united by a commitment to shaping Tile’s culture around the needs of our colleagues and customers, and by our desire to build a diverse and welcoming workplace.
About the Role
We are looking for a highly motivated Revenue Manager to join our team. Reporting to the Controller, you will play a critical role in building a world class Revenue Accounting function to help scale Tile’s rapidly growing business. You will partner with FP&A, Operations, Sales, Marketing, and Product teams to identify process inefficiencies and implement remediation to strengthen the control environment and develop best-in-class policies & procedures under ASC 606 through the use of system automation and relevant tools. Our ideal candidate is a hands-on leader who embraces ambiguity and can work independently to solve problems and provide support to your team members including invest in their growth and success.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Be a key point person for providing business value added insights and a thoughtful partner to help scale the revenue operations.
- Develop and execute monthly revenue close procedures, ensure accurate results are delivered timely for reporting in accordance with US GAAP.
- Work cross functionally with FP&A, Legal, Sales, Sales Operations, AR, IT and various business owners on policies, processes, and programs, and help drive key system initiatives and improvements.
- Lead operational improvement initiatives to further streamline revenue and trade spend tasks and shorten the revenue close calendar.
- Build new processes to help the business scale and be key point person for ERP (NetSuite) revenue module implementation.
- Perform monthly revenue accounting close responsibilities, including but not limited to review of reconciliations (AR, reserves, contra revenue, ect.), journal entries, and month-end close package deliverables.
- Assist in the verification of channel spend program details by confirming alignment of terms against customer contracts. Oversee communication and resolution of discrepancies with other key stakeholders.
- Oversee and review the process to reconcile deduction details to reserve balances.
- Review reports provided to Sales/ Operations prior to distribution.
- Support audit deliverables and help coordinate with auditors during the year-end audit.
- Help drive flux analysis for balance sheet and income statement
- Support other groups with ad hoc analysis as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA preferred, but not required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in public accounting or relevant accounting, finance.
- Through understanding of and ability to apply ASC 606 revenue recognition guidance
- Positive self-motivated team player with excellent communication skills, strong Excel skills and analytical skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with people at all levels of the organization and make actionable recommendations
- NetSuite experience preferred
- Own equity in the company - every employee is a stakeholder in our future
- Work with an adept team of people who love what they do
- Flexible work program
- Comprehensive health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, and pre-tax commuter deduction
We solve real problems with technology to make people’s daily lives better.
At Tile, we recognize that daily life is challenging. We lead busy lives filled with family, friends, jobs, pets, and other things we love. Balancing this can be demanding, unpredictable and stressful.
We use technology to solve real everyday problems that keep each day running smoothly. People rely on Tile to be a seamless part of their lives whether they are at home or out in the world.
By helping to make daily lives easier, we free people to find their best lives — whatever that means to them. Tile is for everyone, on every platform, everywhere in the world. Tile for life.
Tile is best known today for its market-leading Bluetooth finders with over 35 million units sold and ~5M items located daily. That said, Tile has recently expanded the devices that are findable by its platform by embedding its software into third-party products.
Over 30 billion Bluetooth devices are shipping over the next 5 years and each of these can be Tile-enabled with a software update. Partnerships have been announced with HP for laptops, leading audio headset OEMs like Bose and SkullCandy, and several others. Tile also has a large portfolio of unannounced OEM partnerships with top brands in many other large verticals (e.g. wearables, bikes, etc.) and is integrating its technology on the Bluetooth chips to make the Tile enablement more seamless for these partners (e.g. Tile has a partnership with Intel for PCs).
In addition to the OEM and chip partnerships, Tile is scaling its finding network by entering into access point partnerships with companies like Google, Amazon, and Comcast (all announced and ongoing).
From a business model perspective, Tile is shifting the relationship with its customers from a transactional device sale to offering a long-term, high-value service. Tile introduced its premium service two years ago and has ~400K subscribers today with a specific focus on growing annual recurring revenue.
We are guided by our company values, which are Start with Trust, Bring It, Build What Matters, Better Together, and Power What’s Next. Recently accredited as a Great Place to Work, we are a high-performing team and our leaders consider themselves to be performance coaches with a primary responsibility of accelerating Tile’s success and that of their teammates. We know that the more our consumers win, the more we win, and we love working with like-minded teammates to do just that.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top