Principal Product Manager, Growth
- San Mateo, CA
We’re looking for open-minded individuals who want to expand the ways technology can help people. We work fast, collaborate, and celebrate as a team. We’re united by a commitment to shaping Tile’s culture around the needs of our colleagues and customers, and by our desire to build a diverse and welcoming workplace.
About the Role
We’re hiring a Principal Product Manager to lead Tile’s efforts in aggressively growing our customer and subscriber base. This includes growth initiatives across our entire Product offering, including direct hardware sales, new user acquisition, and especially Premium subscription membership.
- Develop the growth strategy, prioritization, and plan for dramatically increasing Tile’s subscription memberships
- Define pricing and plans in partnership with Data Analysts, Business Development, Marketing and Finance teams
- Establish and communicate the strategy for growing Tile users and paid members
- Develop short-term and long-term product roadmaps
- Earn the trust of stakeholders by developing sound rationale for all product decisions
- Use data and design experiments to inform recommendations and decisions
- Formulate and articulate detailed product requirements that support clear customer facing objectives and company strategies
- Analyze data to uncover opportunities to increase conversion and optimize revenue
- Research and run A/B tests to learn what users want, and how to optimize the conversion funnel
- Partner with Marketing to maximize conversion of direct sales
You might be a good fit if:
- You’ve owned a conversion funnel. You have 5+ years of product management experience for a subscription service, with multiple launches under your belt.
- You have deep empathy for user needs. You love talking to users, and you have multiple approaches for understanding what matters to them and why.
- You communicate clearly. You can clearly communicate with different internal stakeholders. You understand what the Engineers need communicated vs what Executives are interested in. You enjoy turning ambiguity into action plans. You are as comfortable articulating vision and strategy as you are writing detailed product requirements.
- You are results oriented. You like making an impact on the business both near-term and long term.
- You ask and answer the right questions. You develop smart hypotheses and have a knack for designing research and experiments to prove them. You love data, and know how to interpret and think critically about results.
- You are technical. You understand how to work well with an Engineering team, and can make thoughtful recommendations.
- You are team oriented. You go above and beyond to make your product and team successful, whether it’s filing bugs or organizing team offsites.
- 5+ years of experience owning a consumer based conversion funnel
- Track record of growing subscriber base and revenue
- Strong understanding of analytics, AB testing, and LTV
- E-commerce experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in a relevant field
- Own equity in the company - every employee is a stakeholder in our future
- Work with an adept team of people who love what they do
- Flexible work program
- Comprehensive health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, and pre-tax commuter deduction
We solve real problems with technology to make people’s daily lives better.
At Tile, we recognize that daily life is challenging. We lead busy lives filled with family, friends, jobs, pets, and other things we love. Balancing this can be demanding, unpredictable and stressful.
We use technology to solve real everyday problems that keep each day running smoothly. People rely on Tile to be a seamless part of their lives whether they are at home or out in the world.
By helping to make daily lives easier, we free people to find their best lives — whatever that means to them. Tile is for everyone, on every platform, everywhere in the world. Tile for life.
Tile is best known today for its market-leading Bluetooth finders with over 35 million units sold and ~5M items located daily. That said, Tile has recently expanded the devices that are findable by its platform by embedding its software into third-party products.
Over 30 billion Bluetooth devices are shipping over the next 5 years and each of these can be Tile-enabled with a software update. Partnerships have been announced with HP for laptops, leading audio headset OEMs like Bose and SkullCandy, and several others. Tile also has a large portfolio of unannounced OEM partnerships with top brands in many other large verticals (e.g. wearables, bikes, etc.) and is integrating its technology on the Bluetooth chips to make the Tile enablement more seamless for these partners (e.g. Tile has a partnership with Intel for PCs).
In addition to the OEM and chip partnerships, Tile is scaling its finding network by entering into access point partnerships with companies like Google, Amazon, and Comcast (all announced and ongoing).
From a business model perspective, Tile is shifting the relationship with its customers from a transactional device sale to offering a long-term, high-value service. Tile introduced its premium service two years ago and has ~400K subscribers today with a specific focus on growing annual recurring revenue.
We are guided by our company values, which are Start with Trust, Bring It, Build What Matters, Better Together, and Power What’s Next. Recently accredited as a Great Place to Work, we are a high-performing team and our leaders consider themselves to be performance coaches with a primary responsibility of accelerating Tile’s success and that of their teammates. We know that the more our consumers win, the more we win, and we love working with like-minded teammates to do just that.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top